William Henderson; Sept. 9, 1815 - Oct. 5, 1905
wife: Mary Henderson; Nov. 5, 1820 - Nov. 23, 1888
Her maiden name was Mary Sims. They married in Henry County, Georgia on 14 February 1837.
My mostly unconfirmed information is that both were residents of Alba, Wood County, Texas at their respective date of death.
I've not been told the name of the cemetery where they are buried or if their graves have headstones, but do hope someone will kindly do a lookup and respond to me.
Perhaps one or more of their children are buried near them?
Names of their children to the best of my knowledge:
1) Samuel J? Henderson; b.GA. 23 Nov. 1838; d?
2) Hiram Henderson; b.GA. abt. 1840; d?
3) Paul Henderson; b.AL. abt. 1841; d?
4) Martha Henderson; b.AL. abt. 1843; d?
5) unknown Henderson; b.AL. abt. 1846; d?
6) Samantha Henderson; b.AL. abt. 1850; d?
7) Jane Henderson; b. abt.AL. 1853; d?
8) Leander Henderson (female); b.AL. abt. 1856; d?
9) Texas Ann Henderson; b.TX. 26 Oct. 1858; d. 24 Dec. 1943
husband: Columbus Alexander Taylor
note: she, Texas Ann, is said to be buried Bertram, TX.
10) Arch Henderson; b.TX abt. 1862; d?
11) Elizabeth Henderson; b. TX. abt. 1867; d?
The family is enumerated in the 1860, 1870 and 1880 censused for Smith County, Texas. I don't know where they were residing in 1900, but suspect William Henderson, widower, must have been in the area of Alba, Wood County, Texas.
My sincere thanks in advance for any help.
Charles E. Sims
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|