According to the Sanborn map of Taylor dated August, 1885, starting from the Railroad Tracks and going North, the streets were named: Commerce (adjacent to the RR, now First), Broad (Second), Milam (Third), and Olive (Fourth). Block 16 is bounded on the South by Milam, on the West by Talbot, on the North by Olive, and on the East by Main. Lot numbers are not shown on this map; however, at the corner of Milam and Talbot is shown a building occupied as "Rest'r't & Board'g".
Hope this helps. A plat map of the city should be available at the Williamson County Clerk's office.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|