I found most of the following information in the 1900 Rusk Co. TX census:
James C. WAGGONER was born Jul 1853 in Tennessee. James C. married Mary I. UNKNOWN on abt 1873. Mary I. was born Dec 1857 in Texas. They had the following children:
1. Thomas H. WAGGONER was born 1878 in Texas.
2. Tennessee WAGGONER was born Feb 1880 in Texas.
3. Edward WAGGONER was born Feb 1884 in Texas.
4. Jacob (Jake) WAGGONER was born 6 Apr 1886 in Texas. He died 31 Oct 1965.
5. Effie M. WAGGONER was born May 1888 in Texas.
6. James B. (Bee, aka Preacher) WAGGONER was born Feb 1890 in Texas.
7. Homer WAGGONER was born Jan 1892 in Texas.
8. Bonnie Ioby WAGGONER was born Apr 1896 in Texas. He died 1951.
9. Monnie WAGGONER.
Most of this information appears in the 1900 Rusk Co. census, ED 81, sht 15, line 68.
I found another family that I had heard about from someone also studying the Waggoner family:
Jacob W. WAGGONER was born Dec 1860 in Texas. He married Dumpy J. abt 1884. (I have been told her maiden name was Moyers.) Dumpy was born in Texas in Mar 1863. They had the following children:
1. Salettie was born Apr 1884(looks like Sleety in the census records). I have been told that she married Henry Irby Haskins and died 26 Apr 1964.
2. Lucy was born Sep 1889. I have been told she married a Prior and died on 10 May 1987.
3. Dreeby was born Mar 1892. I have been told she married a Padgett and died on 11 May 1975.
The information on their births is from the 1900 Rusk County census, ED 81, sht 14, line 62.
The census also says that Jacob W. Waggoner and James C. Waggoner had parents who were both born in Tennessee. Since James was born in Tennessee in 1853 and Jacob was born in Texas in 1860, my theory is that they are brothers whose family moved from Tennessee to Texas sometime between 1853 and 1860. If that is true, then James C. Waggoner named my great grandfather Jake after his brother.
What do you think? Does anyone recognize these names or know where in TN they came from, or who their parents are?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|