Eugene Newton Davis was born on April 15, 1851, place unknown, possibly, Ill., d. November 17, 1826, Whitt, TX. Eugene Newton Davis worked for the railroad. He married twice: 1) Louesa (Louisa) Switzer and she died in 1899 but I don't know where, and 2) Lucinda ______Tatum.
Children of the first marriage:
1) John H., b. 1873, McCracken Co. KY.
2) Joseph N., b. 1876, McCracken Co. KY. He may have been living in Parker Co. in 1900 and working as a mail clerk for the railroad.
3) Ellen V. (Nellie) Davis, b. 1879, McCracken Co. KY. She died in 1927 in Leslie, Ark., (Searcy County). She married Lee Burkhart in 1898 in Paducah, KY. (This is my line)
Children of the second marriage:
1) Edward, (1902-1987) m. Bama _________.
2) Charles L., (1905-1947, m. Doni __________.
3) Allie Mae Davis, (1907-1970) m. James T. Gilmore, Sr.
4) Eugene Wesley Davis (1909-1964) m. Mildred Eubanks
5) Mary Davis (1912-1988) m. Bobby Stephens.
All of the children of the second marriage were born in Texas. I would like to correspond with any descendants of Eugene Newton Davis and will be glad to share what family information that I have. Charlotte G. Boykin
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|