Eugene Newton Davis was born on April 15, 1851 in Ill. He died on November 17, 1926 in Whitt, Texas, Parker Co. TX. In the 1880 census for McCracken Co. KY, he is listed as being age 29, born in ILL, with a wife, Louesa (Switzer?) Davis, b. PA and three children:
1) John H. Davis, age 7, b. 1873, KY.
2) Joseph N. Davis, age 4, b. 1876, KY. There is a Joseph N. Davis who is listed in the 1900 census for Parker CO. TX, who is single and who is a mail clerk for the railroad.
3) Ellen V (Nellie) Davis, age 7/12, b. 1880, b. KY. She married Lee Burkhart in 1898 in Paducah, KY. She died in Leslie, ARK in 1927.
Louesa Davis died in 1899, place unknown. Then Eugene Newton Davis moved to TX, remarried to a Lucinda Tatum who was a widow and had five more children:
1) Edward Davis, 1902-1986, m. Bama______.
2) Charles Davis, b. 1905, m. Doni______.
3) Allie Mae Davis, 1907-1970, m. James Gilmore.
4) Eugene Wesley Davis 1909-1964.
5) Mary Davis, b. 1912, m. Bobby Stephens.
It is known that Eugene Newton Davis worked for the railroad. Who were his parents and did he have any brothers and sisters? Did he have a sister named Louisa? Would like to correspond with any descendants of Eugene Newton Davis. Will be glad to share what family information I have. Charlotte G. Boykin
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|