You're absolutely correct, answers to those basic questions need to be provided as best as possible. While not detailed precisely, your initial post did do that:
Who? 3 members of a Riley family, 2 males, 1 female
What? killed in a boating accident
When? mid-1900s (1950s)
Where? near Corpus Christi, TX
That was enough to find them. Had you not provided that basic info then your query would have read something like: "some folks with the same surname died - who are they?" I've seen posts about that bad - how can one expect any help with that sort of question?
That said, I can only reiterate that the existing info should be organized, put to paper, charted and basic questions answered. I don't know what kind of documentation/info they have provided to you but I would ask for such things as:
1) Marriage record for Dean/Violet
2) Death certificate for Violet
3) Military service records/DAV info for Dale
4) Name of each child, dob or approximation, place of birth, etc. Do they have any birth certificates? Do they have any paper work related to any adoption?
5) Was each child adopted by a different family? Were any placed in foster homes/orphanages (not adopted)? Did any go to relatives and, if so, to whom?
6) Has anyone followed up on the Dean M. who died 1994 in Del Rio? Can he be eliminated or confirmed as the fellow in question? I have a further thought on this one but you'll have to email me privately for my take.
There are plenty of other questions which can be asked but I know you get the idea. I am curious as to what you find out so keep me posted. If I can find any more info, I will pass it on to you. Rick
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|