I am a descendant of a group of Livingstons who lived in Alabama. Some of the collateral lines went to TX. At present I am trying to fill in one of the collateral groups:
JAMES SAMUEL DANIEL, b. abt 1853, AL; mar. LAURA J. LIVINGSTON. The marriage was 21 Dec 1882, Lamar Co., AL. Laura was born 1 Mar 1868 in AL; d. 7 July 1908, TX (if I have the correct individual). If this was the correct Laura, she was buried Iron Bluff Cem., Lone Star, Morris Co., TX. I have not gotten Laura's death certificate as of this date; I only just found her death info.
I believe Laura's parents to be James (Thomas?) Livingston and Sarah Elizabeth Guerin or Guin. Her sister Lucinda C. Livingston's death record gave the mother as "Miss Guin." However, a researcher of their brother Wm. Alexander Livingston gave the name as Sarah Elizabeth Guerin and sometimes as Sarah Elizabeth Guerin Johnson.
To date, I have not found a death date for James Samuel Daniel.
To my knowledge, based on census data, they had 7 children:
1. Belvin Daniel, b. Dec, 1884, AL--no other info known. listed as female
2. Tishue Daniel, b. 10 Nov. 1888, AL, d. 18 Nov. 1907, mar. unknown Freeman, bur. Iron Bluff Cem, Morris Co., TX
3. Ida Daniel, b. Mar. 1889, AL, no other info known
4. James Grover Daniel, b. 28 Oct. 1892, d. 3 Feb 1972, Waco, McLennan Co., TX. I thought he was b. AL, based on census data, however, his death information posted on the LDS record search pilot site, stated his birthplace was Daingerfield, Morris Co., TX. No other info known except what was listed on his death certificate posted on the LDS site. The DC names his parents as James Samuel Daniel and Laura Livingston.
5. Aurer Daniel, b. Apr 1895, AL (male), no other info known
6. Malver Dan Daniel, b. 18 Apr 1902, TX, d. 28 Feb. 1985, San Patricio Co., TX; mar. Junie Iris Shockley. His info is listed on the LDS record search pilot site. Junie's info also listed on site. Her death place was listed as Nueces Co., TX. No actual certificates were shown.
7. Tulyer Daniel, b. abt 1904, TX (female). No other info known.
I would like to find out more about this family group. I will be happy to exchange any information that I have. Thank you.
Opelika, AL; firstname.lastname@example.org
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|