Does anyone have any information regarding their ancestors with the Surname Giles that may have owned some slaves that may have picked up the surname of Giles living in either North Carolina or South Carolina around the years of 1750-1900?
His vital records are quite confusing because on a Fed Census it states that he was born in Weldon, NC but his enlistment papers say Weldon, SC. Then his Freedman Bank Account says he was born in Combahee, SC(which I can not seem to find any information on)
I am looking for a Cato Giles that may fit the below description:
- Black approx born 1819 in Weldon,NC
- His mother and father may have been named Cassius and Molly who were supposedly from Africa.
- I also found some U.S. Colored Troops enlistment papers that state he was enlisted in Beaufort in 1863 then discharged for old age.
- After being discharged, he supposedly then lived in South Carolina at St. Pauls Parish, Adams Run in 1869.
- Then later moved to Matagorda County, Texas and married a Polly Jones in 1885.
If anyone happens to have any information or resources that may be of help to me , it would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks in Advance!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|