I don't know how I'm related to any "famous" Yarringtons or even if I am.... my interest is in pursuing family tradition that:
1. as (type) written by one of my grandmothers during the 30's, that her own mother was connected with the Yarrington lady owning the "Blue Boy" painting,
2. that a book written of my family in Texas says they were related to a Yarrington owning a boarding house in Richmond, VA where Edgar Allen Poe (I since identified this James Yarrington & Martha Vaughn Shields as the owners of the boarding house at 12th & Banks Street directly across from the State Capital building in Richmond)
3. This same book identifies witnesses to a Duncan Phyfe (sp?) styled table given to the newly married Minnocks as a wedding gift by Edgar Allen Poe ( presumably this is William Minnock, Sr, and Eliza Yarrington's marriage in VA because Wm Minnock Jr married my ggrandmother Sophia Felder in Autauga AL in the mid 1800s that by coincidence is near the AL area where other Yarrington's lived about the same time frame)
3. that my great grandmother was Arianna Yarrington (Minnock) Roberts of Dobin, Montgomery TX died 1933 in Harris Co, TX, her father was DR William A Minnock Jr born in Richmond VA out of Eliza Yarrington & Dr William A Minnock Sr in VA in the early 1820's.
4. Family tradition has it that "we are related to 3 Yarrington brothers who moved from the North East to Virginia & that they belong to a Yarrington family that originated from Wales.
I expect with more follow-up trips to VA I will find more clues to help me in this search for the real facts.
Thanks for your pointers,
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|