I thought I would add this information for those who may be researching the Campbell ancestry. My line starts with EDWARD CAMPBELL b, abt. 1756 in Kintyre, Argyllshire, Scotland, d. 1837 Santa Rosa County, Florida. His wife, MARY MCLELLAN b. abt. 1750-60,Isle of Islay, Scotland d. abt 1816, old Marion District, South Carolina. They emigrated to Charleston, SC ca. 1788 with six children.
1.CHARLES CAMPBELL, b.1780, Scotland, d.1829 Santa Rosa Co.,FL. He married NANCY MCEACHERN, b. 178?, Scotland, d. abt. 1859 Santa Rosa Co., FL. The only child to survive infancy was NEILL CAMPBELL, b. May 30, 1819, Santa Rosa Co. FL, d. Apr. 13, 1897, buried in the Jay Cemetery. He married SARAH BOWEN, daughter of Joshua Bowen b. abt. 1825, FL, d. abt. 1859, Santa Rosa Co. FL, bur. Jay Cemetery.
1. Charles Campbell, b, 1846, d. Orange, Texas
2. Nancy Campbell, b. 1847, d. 1849, Santa Rosa Co., FL
3. Elizabeth, b. 1849, d. Santa Rosa Co., FL
4. James Campbell, b. 1849, d. Santa Rosa Co., FL
5. Edward Washington Campbell, b. 1851, d. 1919 Santa Rosa Co., FL
6. Caroline Campbell, b. 1852, d. 1935 Santa Rosa Co., FL
7. William A. Campbell, b. 1853, d. 1912
8. Neill Campbell, Jr., b. 1854, d. 1922 Santa Rosa Co., FL
9. Mary C. Campbell, b. 1857, d.
10. Joshua Edward Campbell, b. 1858, d. 1940 Warren, Texas
2. DUNCAN CAMPBELL, b. 1782, Scotland, d. Sept. 2, 1839 Marion District of SC, mar. MARGARET MCEACHERN, b. 1786 Scotland, d. Jan. 20, 1853 Dillon Co., SC. Children: JENNETTE CAMPBELL 1810-1892, EDWARD CAMPBELL 1815-1856, CHRISTIAN CAMPBELL 1818-?, NEILL CAMPBELL 1820-1841, NANCY CAMPBELL 1823-1853, MARGARET CAMPBELL1825-1839, MARY CAMPBELL?, DANIEL CAMPBELL 1829-1903, JOHN CAMPBELL 1838-1860.
3. MARY CAMPBELL, b. 1784, Scotland, d. March 21, 1859, Danborough, Choctaw Co. AL, mar. JOHN MCCALL, b. Appin, Scotland, d. Nov. 3, 1846, Choctaw Co. AL. Children: HUGH MCCALL 1812-1845, EDWARD MCCALL 1818-1888, DUGALD MCCALL 1819-1882, DUNCAN MCCALL 1824-1850, DANIEL MCCALL 1826-1897, CHARLES MCCALL 1829-1900.
4. DANIEL CAMPBELL, b. 1786, Scotland, d. May 15, 1850, Santa Rosa Co. FL, mar. 1st wife, unknown, SC. 2nd wife CHRISTIAN MCMILLAN, b. Nov. 3, 1808 Robeson Co. NC, d. July 7, 1873, Santa Rosa Co., FL. Children: 1st wife, MARY ANN CAMPBELL ?-1834, FLOR JANE CAMPBELL ?, MARTHA CHRISTIAN CAMPBELL ?, 2nd wife, CHARLES EDWARD CAMPBELL 1831-1907, JOHN DUNCAN CAMPBELL 1833-1882, WILLIAM A. CAMPBELL 1835-1857, DANIEL A. CAMPBELL 1837-1905, MARGARET CAMPBELL 1839-1876, SARAH ANN CAMPBELL 1841-1923, MALCOLM L. CAMPBELL 1843-1910, MOLLIE CAMPBELL ?.
5. CHRISTIAN CAMPBELL, b. 1787 Scotland, d. 1857, Santa Rosa Co., FL, mar. JAMES SPILLMAN
6. Female child, name unknown, b. Scotland, d. South Carolina
I descent from the eldest son, CHARLES CAMPBELL, and I have a lot of information on these lines if anyone wishes to contact me. If anyone has information on EDWARD CAMPBELL or his wife, MARY MCLELLAN and their ancestors, I would love to hear from you.
I'm still collecting family history, so if anyone is a descendant of Edward Campbell, I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Gloria Campbell Manna
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|