Here is what I have on the HOOKER family.
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 HOOKER1 was born 1852 in MS. He married EMMA J. SMITH2, daughter of Unknown SMITH and NANCY. She was born 1855 in TX, and died 15 October 1889 in Hill Co., Texas3.
Children of THOMAS HOOKER and EMMA J. SMITH are:
i. JAMES HENRY2 HOOKER4,5, b. 1872, TX6.
ii. LILLY HOOKER7, b. 1879, TX8.
1. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County.
2. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County, p. 413 B, [Emma, wife of Thomas Hooker. There is a Lela Jackson in the home, reported as neice of Thomas. In the same house, but part of Nancy Smith's household is an Emma Jackson, reported as granddaughter of Nancy. If Lela Jackson and Emma Jackson are sisters, then Nancy Smith is Emma Hooker's mother, and Emma's maiden name is Smith.].
3. Hill County Probate Minutes, Vol 9-10, (Film #0985168), p. 326-328, "Thomas J. HOOKER . . . shows that his wife Emma Hooker departed this life in Hill County, Texas on the 15th day of October 1889."
4. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County, p. 413 B, James HOOKER, son, age 8.
5. Hill County Probate Minutes, Vol 9-10, (Film #0985168), p. 326-328, "She [Emma] left surviving her the following named children. . . Henry HOOKER, male 17. . .and Lilly HOOKER, female 12 years." [Henry is the same age as James of the 1880 census, so his name was either Henry James HOOKER, or James Henry HOOKER.].
6. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County.
7. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County, p. 414 A.
8. 1880 Texas Census, Hill County.
Maybe someone will recognize this family.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|