I am looking for a man named Jacob Eli Baker. It is my understanding he married Wealthy Jones of Meridian, Mississippi. His grandson, Willie Virgil Baker was born on Mt. Magazine in Boone Co. Arkansas. I do not know what state they were married in. They ended up in Texas. It has been told to me that she is buried in Athens, Texas but I have been unable to verify this information.
She and Jacob had the following children:
1) William Veatrice Baker (Will Baker). Will V. married Ethel Townsend. They lived in Beaumont, TX. and are buried in Forest Lawn Cemetary in Beaumont, Texas.
2) Hamilton Baker (Ham Baker). He married Junie (last name unknown) and had a son named Jack Baker who was an opthomologist. The lived somewhere around Lampasas, Texas.
3) Cap Baker - don't know much about him. It is my understanding that he owned a lot of land around Dallas, Texas but I have not been able to verify this. I do not know if he was married or if he had any children.
4) Nettie Francis Baker - married a man named Beaumont (I think). They had a son named Melvin Baker. Supposedly lived in SE Texas.
5) Ida Mae Baker (spelling of middle name is assumption at this point).
6) Mit Baker (don't know if Mit was her given name or a nick name) married a man named Barker.
As far as the time frame goes, I know that Will V. Baker (William Veatrice) died in 1955. He had worked at the Mobil Oil refinery and apparently retired from there. His youngest child (Willie Virgil) was born in 1914. I don't know if these dates help or not.
William Veatrice Baker (Will V. Baker) married Ethel Townsend of Gonzales, Texas. They had the following children:
1) Johnnie Lee Baker (Oklahoma)
2) Willie Virgil Baker (Texas)
3) Eunice Baker (married an Ogletree)
4) Evelyn Baker
5) Ida Mae Baker
6) Ray (female) Baker (California)
7) Audrey Baker
I have been unable to pin down Jacob Eli Baker or his wife, Wealthy Jones Baker of Meridian, Mississippi.
If any of this is familiar, I would be very appreciative of any information.
Brenda Anne Harrell
GGGDaughter of Jacob Eli & Wealthy Jones Baker.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|