Have been searching for information on WILLIAM 'BILL' ROGERS for over 10 years. Only known information concering him is that on 29 August 1884 he married M. L. GRIFFIN in Tyler, Texas (have copy of marriage license). M. L. GRIFFIN has positively been identified as MARY LUCINDA 'Mollie' (NEE: ROARK) GRIFFIN. On 9 June 1885 they had one son, MANCE MAIN ROGERS. On MANCE's application for SSN he listed his place of birth as Jacksonville, Texas.
Rumors concerning WILLIAM 'BILL' ROGERS that we have been unable to substantuate are:
1. Shortly after MANCE MAIN ROGERS was born, they moved to Lampasas Springs, Texas and that 3 or 4 months later, MOLLIE decided that she had a bad marriage and moved back to Cherokee County, Texas to stay with her mother.
2. That WILLIAM had a sister named SALLY that married a KUYKENDALL and lived in a stone (Marble) house in San Saba, Texas.
3. That he had a sister named ELLA that owned a clothing store in Lampassas Springs, Texas.
4. That WILLIAM was struck by lightening in 1886 and killed.
5. That WILLIAM was on someone's front porch when he was killed.
On MANCE MAIN ROGERS application for SSN, he listed his fathers name as JOHN. It is possible that WILLIAM ROGERS full name is WILLIAM JOHN ROGERS or JOHN WILLIAM ROGERS.
On 16 Jan 1894, MARY LUCINDA 'Mollie' ROGERS (ten years after marriage to WILLIAM) married ISAAC HAYES THOMPSON. On the marriage licence she listed her name as MILLIE L. RODGERS
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|