WALKERS CREEK, TEXAS. Walkers Creek is a small rural community located in north central Milam County five miles northeast of Cameron near Farm Road 485. It was named for William Henry Walker, who received a land grant in 1834 on what became known as Walkers Creek. A Baptist church was organized at Walkers Creek in 1882; W. G. Glazner was pastor. In 1903 the community had a two-teacher school with eighty-seven students. A school, a church, and a few scattered houses were shown in the area on county highway maps in the 1940s; a church, a community hall, and a cemetery were at the site in the 1980s. No population estimates for Walkers Creek were available.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|