Wilderville, Texas is on Farm Road 413 six miles north-
east of Rosebud in southern Falls County. It was
esatblished in the early 1870s and was named for the
E. M. Wilder family, who became landowners in the area
after the Civil War. A post office operated from 1874
until 1906. Within ten years the community had grown
to include two churches, a school, steam gristmills and
cotton gins, a weekly newspaper and 300 residents.
In 1990 the population was reported as forty-five.
Hope this helps. Gloria
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|