JOHN COOK was born December 09, 1798 in McCracken County, Kentucky, and died in The river returning home from New Orleans. Family lore indicates that John Cook II was a plantation owner and operated a steamboat on the Mississippi River. Neither has been proven. He married ELVIRA GARRISON Bef. 1840, daughter of EZEKIAL GARRISON and CELIA DE LOACHE. She was born March 08, 1818 in McCracken County, Kentucky.
1. PERMILLA ELLEN2 COOK, b. December 27, 1840, McCracken County, Kentucky. She married ENOCH KISER. The Enoch Kisers lived (1) Hunt County, Texas; (2) Wichita County, five miles north of Dundee across Wichita River; (3) Greer County, twenty-five miles South West of Mangum, ten miles north of Kelly; (4) Saragosa. Moved because of poison. Four died. They ran Mexican squatters off the land they filed on. Either the cows ate poisoned weeds or the squatters may have used poison. (5) Pecos
2. LUCINDA PENINA COOK. b. December 09, 1842, McCracken County, Kentucky; d. November 07, 1912, Denton, Denton County, Texas b. Odd Fellows Cemetery, Denton, Texas. She married JAMES ROBERT MCCORMICK December 25, 1861 in Erath County, Texas, son of GEORGE MCCORMICK and VIRGINIA TERRELL. He was born August 14, 1839 in Wayne County, Virginia, and died September 10, 1906 in State of Oaxaca, Mexico, in Distrito Ixtlan. He enlisted in the Confederate Army March 8, 1861, at Fort Worth, Texas, in Company E, Fifteenth Texas Cavalry; Served with this Regiment till fall of Arkansas Post; he then joined the 17th Consolidated Regiment under Col. Dick Taylor, Polignac's Brigade. Lost his left leg below the knee, at Battle of Mansfield, April 8, 1864. He is buried at San Pedro, Nolasco, Distrito Ixtlan, Oaxaca, Mexico. He died of a Stroke. Source: William Lee McCormick, A Study in Tolerance
3. NARCISSUS MARIAH COOK, b. November 27, 1844, McCracken County, Kentucky; m. ISAAC FRYE.
They had three daughters and one son. Two daughters died young.
4. NANCY MELVINA COOK, b. January 12, 1847, McCracken County, Kentucky. Married James M. Parkhill November 15, 1868 in Greenville, Hunt County, Texas. They had 3 children
James M. Parkhill (b. 1870)of Greenville, Texas, Dr. George Birdwell Parkhill, and Hugh Huston Parkhill.
5. JOHN COOK, JR., b. November 27, 1848, McCracken County, Kentucky; d. December 08, 1936 Strong City, Oklahoma and is buried in Cheyenne, Oklahoma. He married REBECCA WATSON. August 03, 1870, the daughter of BENJAMIN WATSON and REBECCA MOORE He joined the Baptist Church in 1872. He moved from Collin County, Texas in 1900 and went to Roger Mills County, Oklahoma. He worked as a Cobbler & Harness Repair. In 1902 he was ordained as deacon. In 1910, he became a member of the Oddfellows Organization. In 1913, he moved to Strong City, Oklahoma and in 1922 he moved to Cleveland, Oklahoma. Cause of Death: Cancer. Rebecca died from a Stroke.
If anyone has any information regarding these families please contact me.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|