Here is what I have on your George Wattenbarger's antecedents.
1. George Wattenbarger, b. 1813 in Washington Co., TN, d. 1850 in Texas.
He married Mary (Nancy) Collett, married 28-Jul-1832 in Washington Co., TN.
2. John Adam Wuertenberger, Sr., b. 22-Feb-1760 in Reading, Berks Co., PA, d. Jul-1825 in Washington Co. TN. Will written 15-Oct-1820. Came to Tennessee from Pennsylvania, where his father had settled after arriving from Germany. He married Maria Elizabeth Ferntzeler, married 4-Feb-1783 in Berks Co. PA.
3. Maria Elizabeth Ferntzeler, b. 4-Dec-1768 in Reading, Berks Co. PA, d. 1850.
4. John (Johann) Adam Wuertenberger, b. 1733 in Wuertenberg, Germany, d. 1782 in Reading, Berks Co., PA. PA German Folklore Society, Vol. 16, 1951, includes a list of emigrants which shows for the year 1753 from Zweibruecken: "Johann Adam Wurtenberger of Elbesheim leaves for America". He married Anna Maria Strohecker, married 1756 in Reading, Berks Co., PA.
5. Anna Maria Strohecker, b. 1737 in Germany, d. 1782 in Pennsylvania. "Descendants of Johan Adam Wuertemberger" lists birth year as 1724. No source given.
6. Dietrick Ferntzeler. He married Elisa Margareth.
7. Elisa Margareth.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|