I am searching for the parents of Assenith (also spelled Assenah in her marriage record, Asseneth and A. S. Senith) Tucker. I believe she may have been a daughter of Campbell and Margaret Russell Tucker.
From Assenith's tombstone, it states she was born 27 May 1812 and died 6 Jan 1876. She is buried in the Big A Cemetery of Rowlett, Dallas Co TX as A. S. Senith Richards. Her census records (1860 and 1870 only in Dallas Co TX) say she was born in 1813 and 1819. And, she is too early to be in the family search pilot's Texas Death Certs.
She was married to John B. Richards in Bond Co IL 2 April 1835. John died between 1859-1860, probably in Dallas Co TX (date suggested from the birth of the last child - and he is not shown in the 1860 census - Assenith is shown as head).
1. Robert J. Richards, born ca 1835 Illinois, died after 1920 in Dallas Co TX at that time. Married Emily Coyle.
2. James M. Richards, born 10 Mar 1844, Texas. died after 1905 - or Dallas Co TX then. Married Susan Mary Kirby 7 June 1869 Dallas Co TX.
3. Margaret W Richards, born abt 1848-1849, Texas
4. George W. Richards. born ca 1852, Texas. Married Maggie V. abt 1894 and died after 1910 as he was of Wise Co TX then.
5. Cynthia A. Richards, born ca August 1854-1858 in Texas, married Nickolas Welk and died after 1920, was of Dallas Co TX then.
6. Razilla A. Richards, born ca 1857, Texas
7. Mariah E. Richards, born ca 1860, Texas born after the death of her father apparently)
Robert R. Tucker (son of Campbell and Margaret Tucker) was living a just a couple of houses away from Assenith in the 1860 census in Dallas Co TX. I see Robert R. Tucker in the 1850 census in Dallas County TX, but I do not see the John and Assenith Richards there. I know they should be as John B. Richards patented land in Dallas Co (1,476 acres) in March of 1844.
A further connection of Assenith to Robert and Campbell/Margaret is that both Robert and Margaret are in the 1840 census in Bond County.IL where Assenith and John Richards were married. In fact, Robert and Margaret were the only Tuckers there according to the census. Also, both Robert and Assenith were born in Tennessee.
Some have suggested to me that Robert is Assenith's father - however that cannot be so - according to the ages of the two people.
Similar names were used too: Margaret, Robert, Mariah.
Thanks for any ideas. Trish Elliott-Kashima, Lawrenceburg
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|