What a trove of information in your last two postings. This gives me some new information and I really appreciate it. May I comment on a couple of things you wrote:
1. Your 1st Reply on Jan. 3rd: "For Nancy Miers Wright, I have b. 1803-Jasper Co., TX., m. Sept. 22, 1867-to Asa Wright by W.P. Sherrill; d. unknown."
COMMENT: Nancy was born in Jasper Co., GEORGIA.
2. Also your 1st Reply on Jan. 3rd: "Also, Asa & Betsy's son, my 3rd-gr-grandfather, George Washington S. Wright, married Isophena Miers in a double wedding with his brother James F. and her sister Matilda Ann Miers. (Research by Allene Halliburton Elliott)."
COMMENT: Yes, these were two of the daughters of Jarrett and Nancy Clower Myers.
3. Your 2nd Reply on Jan. 3rd: "Wanted to clear up my James F. Wright: He is "James La Fayetta Wright-...."
COMMENT: Is "La Fayetta" correct or is it La Fayette or Lafayette?
4. Also in your 2nd Reply on Jan. 3rd: "I have jotted down in my notes that the parents of Isophena Miears Wright were Jonathan Myers/Miers (father) and Nancy Clower (mother, who was also the 2nd wife of Asa Wright, Isophena's father-in-law)"
COMMENT: In all the documents I have seen, I have not seen "Jonathan" Myers as Nancy's husband. It has either been "Jared/Jarad" or "Jarrett" Myers - depending upon who wrote the name down. That is always a tricky situation as you well know. The same applies to Myers - Miers - Miears, etc. With all the evidence so far, I believe this to be the same person though.
5. Also in your 2nd Reply on Jan. 3rd: "My mother went to a family reunion of the Wright's at Kosse, Texas, 15 or so years ago. Family talk was that Nancy Clower Miers Wright was out of the same family as comedian/former Univ of AL football player, Jerry Clower."
COMMENT: I and some other Clower researchers are not positive about this. It is a possibility. There is speculation that Nancy's father, Jonathan Clower, had a brother, John Clower. Not proven as far as I know. Jerry could be a descendant of this John Clower which would have been Nancy's Uncle.
Now, to help you clarify Nancy's heritage and history as I and other Clower researchers have it, I am putting
together a document for you detailing what we know. The sources will be included also, i.e. transcriptions from original data, family files, census, marriage records, etc. I also have a subscription to ancestry.com and access to "HeritageQuest" through my local library card. These are two excellent sources and I can view actual documents online.
Since this would be a personal thing between me and you, I would prefer to send it to you as a ".doc" attachment to an email rather than post it here. This would be much easier for me anyway if you agree to it. It may take me seveal days to put it together.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|