It sounds like we hit pay dirt! I think we're 3rd cousins. All I really knew about my gr-gr-grandfather, Gray Pierce Philp, is as follows:
1. He was born 7 Aug 1838 in TN, possibly in Maury County. That's the area around Columbia, about 40 miles south of Nashville.
2. He died 10 Aug 1888 in Chriesman, Burleson Co, TX. He is buried in the Chriesman cemetery, along with his wife, Mary.
3. He married Mary (unknown maiden name and unknown date).
4. Mary was born 27 Dec 1820 (place unknown) and died in Chriesman, Burleson Co, TX, on 10 Aug 1885. She is buried in Chriesman.
5. I only knew of one child, also named Mary E., my gr-grandmother. She was born 10 Nov 1858 and died 24 Nov 1900.
6. Mary E. Webb married my gr-grandfather, James Philp, 27 Jan 1878 in Chriesman.
7. James and Mary Philp are buried together in Chriesman.
I'm glad to know about his parents and his other two children. Do you have any other information on Reuben and his wives? Anything further back?
My full name is Gray Bruce Philp (although I go by Bruce). I am named for my grandfather, Gray Pierce Philp, who was named for his grandfather, our mutual ancestor, Gray Pierce Webb.
I live in Houston, and Chriesman is only about 60 miles to the north. I still have family in that area. My gr-gr-grandfather Philp moved there from England (via Wisconsin) in 1856 or 1857. I've been to the cemetery several times. I can send you photos of the gravestones the next time I'm up that way, if you'd like to have them. All my Philp ancestors are buried there too.
I'd love to hear of anything else you have. Maybe we could continue by e-mail. Where do you live?
Thanks again. Your cousin,
(Gray) Bruce Philp
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|