States: Texas: Bexar
The last poster was absolutely correct! The building which used to be known as "Turner Halle", built by the San Antonio Turnverein and opened January 31, 1892, is now home to the Bonham Exchange Danceclub and has been since 1981. The building is located at 411 Bonham St. San Antonio and is just steps from the backwall of The Alamo. The building also served as the San Antonio USO from WWII until the 1970's, and then it was a Post Office Auxillery until bought by San Antonio Real Estate developer Hap Veltman in 1980.