Recently located the James Trotter and Agnes Weatherhead family in the 1841 Eccles, Berwickshire, Scotland census and in the 1851 and 1861 Otonabee, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada censuses. Children are as follows: Sarah, Jane, Robert Marshall, and newly discovered (at least to me) children John and Agnes. Records consistently indicate Sarah (DOB ca 1840) and Jane (DOB ca 1843) were born in Scotland. There are discrepancies as to whether or not Robert (DOB 29 Jul 1845) was born in Scotland or Canada. John (DOB ca 1847) and Agnes (DOB ca 1849) appear to have been born in Canada based on census records. Therefore, the family may have emigrated to Canada between 1843 and 1847.
Sarah married a George Nelson/Nielson in Otonabee, Canada. Jane married Frank Beavis in Otonabee, Canada, and Robert married Susan Augusta Ridgway (location unknown). Robert ended up in Milwaukee, WI and may have immigrated from Canada to the United States ca 1863.
Still looking for information related to the following:
1. Marriage of Robert Marshall to Susan Ridgway
2. Passenger lists
3. Information regarding the George Nelson/Sarah Trotter family
4. Information regarding John Trotter
5. Information regarding Agnes Trotter
6. Death record for James Trotter; possibly 15 Jan 1894 in Otonabee, Canada
7. Death record for Agnes Weatherhead Trotter; possibly 24 Mar 1863
I'd love to correspond with anyone with similar interests. Pam Hughes (Beavis descendant), I hope you're still out there. :)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|