Have done a lot of research the last few years on the Wysor family of VA. Among the children of Adam and Elizabeth Beck Wysor was a daughter, Elizabeth, who married Christopher Trinkle. There were ten known children of Christopher and Elizabeth as follows:
1) Henry Trinkle, born circa 1779, married Catherine Hornbarger and had children: William (mar. Gilleann Jones), Margaret (mar. 1.____ Norton, 2.John Kirk), Elizabeth (mar._____ Bowman), Malinda (mar. Granville Patton), Stephen (mar. Polly Ann Jones), Mary (mar. 1.James Smith, 2.Thomas Dawson), Sarah (mar. Moses Crane), Alfred (mar. Mary Chastain), Henry (mar. 1.Tabitha Stanfill, 2.Nannie Ellis), Lucinda (mar. Harrison Lovelace), John, and Julia Ann (mar. Alexander Wilson).
2) Stephen Trinkle, born Jan 27 1782, mar. Sarah Trollinger and had children: Margaret (mar. William Bosang), Elizabeth (mar. James Vermillion), John (mar. Jane Smith), Henry, William (mar. Nancy Cecil), Jacob (mar. Eliza Kirkner), Mary Ellen (mar. John Cecil), Malinda (mar. Jacob Anderson), Melvina (mar. Robert Stephens), Sarah (mar. John Hoge), and Elbert (mar. Letitia Sexton).
3) Elizabeth Trinkle, born Dec. 1784, married 1.Sampson Patton, 2.John Onstott and had children: David (mar. Lottie Patton), Ann (mar. Thomas Bowles), Granville (mar. Malinda Trinkle), Benjamin (mar. Elizabeth Mattox), and Sampson.
4) John Trinkle, married 1.Isabella (Gordon?), 2.Sarah Patton, 3.Charlotte Broadwaters and had children: Gordon (mar. 1.Matilda Rutherford, 2.Elizabeth Garner), Harriett (mar. Hiram McIntyre), Julia Ann (mar. Joseph Merrill), Mary Jane (mar. William Crane), Caroline (mar. John Thomason), Belinda (mar. 1.William Bolton, 2.Nathan Kite), Stephen (mar. Martha Bullington), William (mar. 1.Jemima Good, 2.Charlotte Hart), Martha (mar. 1.Levi Bixler, 2.John Kimbrel, 3.William Crane, 4.John Trinkle), and John (mar. Harriett Johnson).
5) Margaret Trinkle, married Adam Stobaugh and had children: Stephen (mar. Hannah Carter), Henry (mar. Elizabeth McKinney), Rebecca (mar. Charles McKinney), John (mar. 1.Catherine Shank, 2. Mary Wilkins), Chesley (mar. Mary Shank), and Adam (mar. Lucy ?).
6) Frederick Trinkle, born circa 1790, married Sarah Martin and had children: Polina (mar. 1.John Shaffer, 2.Jacob Anderson), Samuel (mar. Elizabeth Butt), Christopher (mar. Nancy Colclasure), Catherine, Martin (mar. Elizabeth Garver), Henry (mar. Julia Firestone), William, Margaret (mar. John Butt), Elizabeth (mar. Henry Butt), Jacob, and Louisa (mar. Ezra Wright).
7) Jacob Trinkle, born circa 1792, married Margaret Hickman and had children: Christopher (mar. 1.Amelia Mattox, 2.Sarah Mattox, 3.Matilda Goble), Catherine (mar. Singleton Roby), John (mar. Julia Bullington), Samuel (mar. Eliza Wolfe), Stephen (mar. Mary Leathers), Jacob (mar. Elizabeth Rogers), Elizabeth (mar. Milford Mattox), Sarah (mar. William Mattox), and Louisa (mar. Peter Wolfe).
8) Catherine Trinkle, born circa 1792, married 1.Anderson Burress, 2.Christopher Clark, 3.Paul Kester and had children: Mahala Burress, Jefferson Burress (mar. Permelia Stark), Elizabeth Burress, Mary Clark (mar. William Elliott), Isom Clark, Christopher Clark (mar. Mary Elliott), Franklin Clark, and Milly Kester.
9) Adam Trinkle married Hannah Rutherford and had children: Jemima (mar. Fielden Bridgewater), Elizabeth (mar. John Wilson), Felix (mar. Rebecca Golden), Alexander (mar. Margaret Riley), Nancy (mar. Robert Montgomery), Milly (mar. James Tungate), Stephen, and Angeline (mar. Felix Cockerham).
10) Mary Trinkle, born Oct. 9, 1797, married Jacob Colclasure and had children: Elizabeth (mar. Thomas Golden), John (mar. Mary Sutherland), Abigail (mar. Isaac Jacobs), Abraham (mar. 1.Caroline Briant, 2.Lucretia Anspach), Martha (mar. Elias Golden), William (mar. Arabell Deain), Richard (mar. 1.Lucinda Prather, 2.Eliza Sefton), Mary (mar. Harmon Jacobs), Jacob (mar. America Anspach), Nancy (mar. John Spiker), Rachel (mar. 1.Andrew Denning, 2.Jacob Spiker), Margaret (mar. Henry Trinkle), and Stephen (mar. Susan Anspach).
I am missing quite a few dates for the above people, and some of them I have lost altogether. Would love to exchange info with others on these families and hopefully fill in some of the gaps. I also have more data on the Wysor family for anyone interested.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|