I found this on the internet:
Wilkes GA Revolutionary War Roster
1814 FRANCIS SMITH, b VA, came to GA; d on Fishing Creek, Wilkes County, GA
1814. received grant of land in GA for his service as a Rev Sol. Married:
1. John, m Miss Walker. Moved to TN then to MO
2. Ebenezer, of Wilkes co, m Frances Anderson
3. William Wilkerson, m Judith Heard. Moved to AL
4. Thomas, m Cynthia White. Moved to MO
5. Francis, m Mrs Toombs (formerly Miss Kelne). She mar (3) Andrew White of
Tenn (4) Gov Blount of TN. (She m 4 times before she was 21yrs of age)
6. Reuben, m ?????, moved to MO
7. Ann Adams, m Gov. Peter Early of GA.
Governor Blount, by process of elimination, should be William "Willie" Blount, governor of Tennessee during the War of 1812.
I believe Mary Kelsick may be the Mary born in 1782 in Richmond, Virginia, daughter of Samuel Barber Kelsick and Mary Smith.
In particular, I am interested in any children by Mary Kelsick and Governor Blount.
I know that Governor William "Willie" Blount (1768-1835) married at least twice: First to Lucinda Baker in 1798 at Montgomery County, Tennessee. Secondly to a "Mary" (I have no confirmation of her last name) on February 19, 1812. Was this Mary, who also married Hugh Lawson White, Mary Kelsick??
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|