Looking for information on the following family. I would like to specifically know who the parents of Martin Watkins/Wadkins are. I am particularly interested in any Watkins/Wadkins in Wilson County TN prior to 1830.
Possibilities I have found include:
1) RICHARD WATKINS b. 1768 Prince Edward, VA. Died in TN. He Married Catherine Jones 11 Jan 1815.
2) REECE WATKINS b. 1779 VA d. Olglethorpe County GA. He married RACHEL MARTIN. Had son named MOSES bn 1812 died 1884 in Wilson County. Came to TN in 1806.
MARTIN WATKINS was born about 1804 in Wilson County TN. He married SARAH HOPKINS born about 1807 in Wilson County TN. (daughter of Stephen HOPKINS) Martin and Sarah were married June 17, 1824 in Wilson County, TN. Martin and Sarah WATKINS moved to Illinois (Marion/Fayette Counties) about 1830. Martin and Sarah’s children are as follows:
1) Ephriam Watkiins, b. abt. 1825 in TN. Married Elizabeth in TN. She was born abt. 1821 in TN.
2) Stephen WATKINS, b. abt. 1828 in TN. Married Isabella Dumbar 12/31/1873 in Marion County.
3) Andrew WATKINS b. abt 1830 in IL. (Possibly Hillard/Hardy)
4) Mary WATKINS b. abt. 1832 in IL.
5) John WATKINS b. abt. 1839 in IL.
6) Isaac WATKINS b. abt. 1843 in IL
7) Jane WATKINS b. abt. 1847 in IL
8) Nancy WATKINS b. abt. 1849 in IL
If anyone has any information on these families or any WATKINS in Wilson County Prior to 1830, I would love to hear from you.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|