My understanding is that Marshall was a brother of my husband's ggg-grandfather, Solomon Carter, b. 1813 in Wilson Co. TN.
My current understanding is that Solomon's father was a Frederick Carter, born 1769 in VA, who married a Nancy Jenkins.
Frederick was also living in Wilson Co. for some decades (he was still alive for the 1860 census, at age 90).
I haven't yet been able to find the parents of Frederick, though I believe he was related to an Alexander Carter (also in TN later in life), a McKinney Carter (who moved from TN to IN around 1815), and perhaps a Thomas W. Carter (who lived in IN near McKinney).
This is the list of Frederick and Nancy's children I found at the LDS site familysearch.org:
97. B. A. Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1801, South Carolina
98. Cullin Or Cullen Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1810, Wilson, Tennessee
99. William W. Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1798, Virginia
100. Gideon Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1805, Virginia
101. John Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1807, Wilson, Tennessee
102. Solomon Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1813, Wilson, Tennessee
103. Henry Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1814, Virginia
104. Marshall Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1816, Wilson, Tennessee
105. Cintha Carter - Gender: Female Birth: 1822, Wilson, Tennessee
106. William Carter - Gender: Male Birth: 1825, Wilson, Tennessee
Julie (Carter) Carter
Lago Vista, TX
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|