I am searching for the Rouse Family of Rutherford County, Tennessee, Edmund Rouse and John Rouse are listed in the 1820 census. They may be brothers and may be sons of a Berry Rouse.
John and Edmund were listed as Free Men of Color. “Indian “ .
born between 1775 and 1794
1. Margaret Rouse married Gardner Morgan Dec. 30, 1835 Surety , Berry Rouse.
2. Edmund Rouse married Sally Hill August 1, 1827 surety John Rouse
3. William Rouse married Eliza Ann Smith Aug. 25, 1865
4. Jinsey Rouse married Presley Stewart Dec. 24, 1834 surety John Rouse
5. Edmund Rouse married Delila Watkins Feb. 13, 1839
6. Hiram Rouse married Nancy Jenkins Dec. 3, 1840 Hiram was listed as Free Man of Color
7. Sally Rouse (col) married William Wilson Jan. 13, 1844
8. Isaac Rouse married Louisa Wilson Jan 2, 1851 There is an Isaac Rouse listed as Free Man of Color Book 15 page 351
9. Richard Rouse married Minerva Wilson Feb,20 1851 There is a Richard Rouse listed as a Free Man of Color Book 17 Page 472 . There is a Minerva Rouse listed as a Free Woman of Color Book 19 Page 415 Minerva was recognized as the daughter of Sally Rouse
10.Joseph Rouse married Matilda Watkins Dec. 15, 1853
11. Edmund Rouse married a Sarah Roy Sep. 19, 1865
12. Sarah Rouse married a James Jenkins July 14, 1866
13. Thomas Rouse married a Martha Ann Stewart Dec. 20, 1866 There is a Thomas Rouse listed as a Free Man of Color Book 18 Page 112 There is a Martha Rouse listed as a Free Woman of Color Book 19 Page 415 Thomas Rouse was Recognized as the son of Lucy Rouse.
14. William Rouse married Charlotte M. Gaines June 15, 1867
15. Louisa Rouse married Grant Neal Jan. 5, 1869
16. Sally Rouse married John Oden Jan 20, 1870
17. There is a Edmund Rouse listed as a Free Man of Color Book 14 Page 464 listed as the son of James & Mary Rouse
18. Martha Rouse is recognized as the daughter of Sally Rouse
19. Ezekiel Rouse is listed as a Free Man of Color and the son of Edmund and Sally Rouse
I have posted this in hopes that I may connect with a relative out there.
My 2nd great grand parents were James Rouse and Bethiah Vickery, daughter of Azel Vickery of Williamson County/Rutherford County, TN Area.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|