Searching for information on the family of Samuel W. and Martha Cooper who arrived in Dallas County around 1850. Here's what I have so far. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Descendants of Samuel W. Cooper
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL W.1 COOPER1 was born Abt. 1812 in Tennessee1. He married MARTHA SWINEY1 October 27, 1845 in Marshall County, Tennessee1, daughter of WILLIAM SWINEY and NANCY UNKNOWN. She was born Bet. 1827 - 1828 in Giles County, Tennessee1.
More About SAMUEL W. COOPER:
Marriage Note: Wiley P. Mangrum & Martha Swiney applied for a marriage license September23, 1844; not returned as executed; may be another Martha Swiney.
More About MARTHA SWINEY:
Census: On the 1870 Census, Mary Cooper and son Albert are living with Martha and her family.
Marriage Note: Wiley P. Mangrum & Martha Swiney applied for a marriage license September23, 1844; not returned as executed;ay be another Martha Swiney.
Children of SAMUEL COOPER and MARTHA SWINEY are:
2. i. LEROY2 COOPER, b. Abt. 1851, Texas.
3. ii. WILLIAM T. COOPER, b. January 1853, Texas.
4. iii. JAMES L. COOPER, b. December 1855, Texas.
iv. JEFF DAVIS COOPER, b. Abt. 1862, Dallas County, Texas.
Generation No. 2
2. LEROY2 COOPER (SAMUEL W.1) was born Abt. 1851 in Texas. He married UNKNOWN Bef. 1864. She died Bet. 1864 - 1880.
More About LEROY COOPER:
Name Note: Known as "Lee."
Child of LEROY COOPER and UNKNOWN is:
i. THOMAS WILLIAM3 COOPER, b. Abt. 1864.
3. WILLIAM T.2 COOPER (SAMUEL W.1) was born January 1853 in Texas. He married ELIZABETH UNKNOWN. She was born Bet. 1851 - 1852 in Texas.
Children of WILLIAM COOPER and ELIZABETH UNKNOWN are:
i. THOMAS W.3 COOPER, b. October 1873.
ii. EDWARD COOPER, b. April 1884.
4. JAMES L.2 COOPER (SAMUEL W.1) was born December 1855 in Texas. He married MARTHA E. UNKNOWN. She was born July 1851 in Tennessee.
More About JAMES L. COOPER:
Name Note: Looks like "James L." on the 1860 census, and "James S." in 1870.
Child of JAMES COOPER and MARTHA UNKNOWN is:
i. ARTIE3 COOPER, b. April 1880.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|