I’ve started working on my genealogy website. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but I do have a bit of information posted. My surnames include Alexander, Baker, Bennett, Cash, Douglas/Douglass, Eaves/Eves, Guthrie?, Ivie/Ivy/Ivey, Nash, Simmons, and Wells. Locations include Henry, Weakley, and Carroll Counties in Tennessee; Pontotoc County in Mississippi; Anson?, Granville, and Rutherford Counties in North Carolina. There are others, but these are the main ones.
I do want to say a couple of things because of a posting I saw recently somewhere regarding “borrowing” information from others.
(1) Most of my information is just that--borrowed! There is no way I could do all of that research by myself, and I appreciate all of the genealogists that share their data!! I have acknowledged my sources whether the information came from other researchers or from actual records.
(2) I haven’t verified all of the information. Please use it, as I do, as a starting point for your own research.
(3) Not all sources have the same information. For example, the list of children for one ancestor is compiled from at least three different sources. I may discover that not all of the children were actually his!
(4) Transcription errors are mine and mine alone!
(5) I welcome corrections and additions to the information I have. I would ask that you include the source of any data you send me. Please send it to me at email@example.com.
My web address is http://web.utk.edu/~snash/SAN/SNIndex.html. Again, thanks to those that have contributed or will contribute data for my lines. Sylvia
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|