Is Sarah Jane Maxwell related to Pleasant Miller Maxwell? If so, do you know how? I have a lot on the Claxton family. Some of it, I have documentation for, some I do not. I went this summer and took pictures of the tombstones for James & Temperance Claxton. I am the 9th-10th generation from Edward Claxton; my line goes:
1. Edward Claxton
2. William Claxton (B.1/12/1754)Md. Mary Ann Anderson (B.1755) (Married in 1772)
3. James Claxton (B.1773,VA; D. 2/11/1815, TN)Married Sarah Hilloms in 1794, N.C.
4. James Anderson Claxton (B.9/18/1798, Anderson Co., TN; D.11/06/1871, Wright Co.,MO; buried in Durbin Cemetery, Wright Co.,MO; married Temperance A. Ratcliff (have also seen this as Rackley)(B.06/22/1801 in N.C.; D. 11/01/1877 in Wright Co., MO; Married 4/26/1819, in Shelbyville, Bedford Co., TN)
5. James Anderson Claxton (B.5/26/1826,in Bedford Co., TN, sister of Elizabeth Claxton Sanders;D.3/25/1892, Wright Co., MO; Burial in Claxton Cemetery, Wright Co., MO; Married Elizabeth Jane Harrison, (B.1830, in Bedford Co., TN; D. 12/01/1909, in Wright Co., MO, Burial in Claxton Cemetery.
6. Edward Anderson Claxton, (B.12/21/1871, MO; D. 10/2/1937; Married Ella Susan Bolian, B. 9/04/1875; D. 1949; Married 10/29/1891; Ella is buried in Claxton Cemetery, and I am sure Edward Anderson is also.)
7. Opal Dexter Claxton (B.7/20/1896 in Elk Creek Township, Wright Co., MO; D. 2/24/1979 in Lebanon, Laclede Co., MO, Burial in Competition Cemetery, Competition, MO;Married Roy Ancil Stewart on 10/24/1927 in Hartville, Wright Co., MO;Roy A. Stewart,(B.8/03/1899, in Competition, Laclede Co., MO; D.11/07/1979 in Grovesprings, Wright Co., MO; Burial in Competition Cemetery)
8. Mary Ellen Stewart (my mother--still living)
I have alot!!!! on Claxton's (my genealogy report on Claxton's is 103+ pages), if you want any information that I have I will gladly share. Do you have a birthdate on Nathan Wheeler, or a birthplace? Do you have any birthdate or burial place for Steven Sanders?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|