Here's my Scott Co., KY Tilford family line:
· Name: Alexander Telford (TILFORD)
· Sex: M
· Title: Colonel
· Birth: 17 AUG 1783 in Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky or in Virginia
· Death: 17 SEP 1831 at 8 PM in Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky
There are several letters from this Alexander who signs himself, Alexander Tilford, Jr. and also A. Tilford and addresses his Uncle in Troy as Alexander Tilford, Sr.. His mother was still living in 1824. From the context of these letters his mother likely married again after his father's death in September 1809. Mr. Dimwiddie could have been her father rather than her husband; however, this seems very unlikely. In several letter Alexander Tilford speaks of his mother and "The Old Man" and once it was "Old Mr. Dinwiddie and Mother".
According to James Dean Tilford, III, Col. Alexander Tilford (Jr.) was in the U. S. Army in the War of 1812 and he was a Private in The Cornstalk Militia in Kentucky, in Captain Lynn West's Company. He was a landowner and a soldier.
Father: Captain David Telford (TILFORD) b: JUL 1757 in Probably Tyrone County, Ireland
Mother: Mary WILSON
Marriage 1 Elizabeth MCCULLOUGH b: 29 SEP 1785
· Married: 06 JAN 1803
1. Cynthia McCollough TILFORD b: 1804-1874
2. Malinda TILFORD b. 1805
3. Sophia TILFORD b. 1808
4. David McCollough TILFORD b. 1810
5. America Liberty TILFORD b. 1812
6. Augustus Washington TILFORD b. 1815
7. Greenup P. TILFORD b. 1817?
8. George Madison TILFORD b: 1819-1873
9. John A. TILFORD b. ?
10. Henry Harrison TILFORD b. ?
Marriage 2 Agnes Prewitt. Her maiden name was Green. She also had many children by her first husband Ishamm Prewitt.
· Married: 21 FEB 1827
1. Joseph Green TILFORD b: 26 NOV 1828-1911
2. Mary E. TILFORD b. 1829
3. Susan W. TILFORD b. 1831?
Cynthia Tilford (13 JAN 1840-23 AUG 1874) married Isaiah VanZant (1793-1864) on 9 MAY 1820 in Georgetown, Scott Co., KY.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|