I may not have something related to this directly, but I do know of another Corder-Thorne connection.
My grandfather, Charles Vernon Corder (born 1903 in Fairfax, Va) was married to a Ruth Thorne (born born 1903 in Maryland). Probably not related but certainly a coincidence.
I have just recently begun exploring my Corder lineage via Ancestry.com. I have noticed your name on a number of posts regarding the Corder name. I am wondering if you may have any information that could help. What started my search was the fact that my father knew absolutely nothing as to who his grandfather was. Through my research on ancestry is appears that the line runs something like this;
- Steve Corder (me)
- Charles V. Corder (my dad, born 1935)
- Vernon Corder (my granddad, born 1903 died 1974)
- He married Ruth Thorne, they lived in and around Washington, DC.
This is where is gets a little fuzzy, but I think I may be on the right track;
- Vernon Corder was the son of John Thomas Corder (also sometimes called Thomas J. Corder). John Thomas Corder married Fannie Clark in Fauquier County, Virginia in 1891. Somewhere between 1900 and 1910 they moved to the Anacostia area of Washington, DC.
- John Corder is still on the census living with Fannie in 1920. He is not on the 1930 census. My guess is he died somewhere between 1920 and 1930. Fannie went on to remarry a George Gossett and died in 1946. She is buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Suitland, MD.
- John Thomas Corder, I believe, was a son of Butler Corder (born 1819 died 1899) and Eliza Cowgill (born 1824 died 1900)
- Butler was a son of Elias Corder and Tacy Cowgill
Do you have any info on a John Thomas (or Thomas John) Corder. I am keen to find a death record or cemetery, but thus far have had no luck. Any other Corder information related to this line that you may have I would also greatly appreciate.
Thanks for your consideration.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|