My TEARS family may be conneced to your George TEARS. I have a Jacob TEARS who married an Anna POTTER about 1766, possibly in Montgomery, Orange County, New York. Jacob was born about 1723 and died about 1802, probably also in Orange County. He was a Revolutionary War veteran, out of Ulster County, New York (which later became Orange County). As per TEARS researcher, Elaine COWAN, his known children include:
1. Rachel, b. 23 Jan 1768; d. 6 May 1811; md. Daniel MILSPAUGH 29 Apr 1790.
2. Isaac, b. 15 Apr 1769 Orange Co, NY; d. 3 Oct 1845 Troy, Bradford Co, PA; md. (1) Mary TEED 29 Dec 1791 Orange Co, NY and (2) Betsy HAMMOND 18 May 1805 Walden, NY.
3. Jacob, b. Oct 1772; d. 30 Nov 1842; md. Jane GILLEPSIE 31 Dec 1808 Shawangunk, Ulster Co, NY.
4. Maria, b. 10 Jul 1774; md. Matthew GILLEPSIE.
5. Abraham, b. 2 Apr 1776.
6. Anna, b. 2 Apr 1776; in the NYBGR, records of the DRC at Shawangunk, Ulster Co, NY, we found a marriage for an Anna TIERS to Christ SENSEBAUGH on 1 Mar 1790.
7. Elizabeth, b. 9 Dec 1777; md. (1) William OWEN 1 Mar 1797 Shawangunk, Ulster Co, NY and possibly (2) John CURRENTON 17 Oct 1801.
8. Jane/Jennie, b. 7 May 1780; md. David MILSPAUGH 5 Jan 1802 Shawangunk, Ulster Co, NY.
9. Hester (Esther), b. 12 May 1782; md. Abraham TRAPHAGEN 11 Apr 1805 Shawangunk, Ulster Co, NY.
10. John, b. 15 Aug 1784.
You list your George's parents as being Daniel and Margaret TEARS. Your Daniel would have probably been around the same age as my Jacob (or maybe a little younger, but as you see from above, Daniel was not a child of Jacob's). According to the 1790 census, there were five TEARS families living in Ulster Co, NY at that time:
1. Lawrence, p. 173
2. Isaac, p. 176
3. Daniel, p. 176
4. Jacob, p. 184
5. John, p. 184
You'll notice that Daniel TEARS is living near Isaac TEARS, and not too far from Jacob TEARS. I believe that the Jacob listed is my Jacob TEARS, and that Isaac is his son (also my direct ancestor). Daniel is probably your Daniel TEARS. I might also point out that you list your Daniel as being buried in Walden, NY. My Isaac was married in Walden, NY.
I don't know the exact connection between your Daniel and my Jacob (and his children). However, the proximity begs some sort of relation.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|