Harrison and Mary (Maiden name?) Tant were Nancy's grandparents. Nancy was the oldest child of Alexander William Tant and Caroline Elizabeth Tillerson. There were six children in the family:
1. Nancy b. 5-16-1884 Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co. GA
m. Oscar Maffett 3-16-1902 Conyers, Rockdale Co. GA
d. 2-7-1945 Milstead, Rockdale Co. GA
2. Katie Asalee b. 8-19-1885 Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co. GA
m. George Shelton Bailey 2-16-1906 Conyers, Rock-
dale Co. GA
d. 2-24-1962 Villa Rica, Carroll Co. GA
3. Andrew Jackson "Andy" b. 12-24-1886 Lawrenceville,
Gwinnett Co. GA
m. Effie Eunice Howe (Don't have date/place)
d. 5-23-1943 Central, Pickens Co. SC
4. Lease William b. 2-18-1888 Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co.
m. Irene Parrott (date? place?)
d. 10-21-1957 Easley SC
5. Nettie b. 9-15-1890 Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co. GA,
engaged to a Dr. Jackson at the time of her death,
never married, died at age 19 about 1909.
6. Mollie b, 9-15-1894 Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co. GA
never married, died of pellagra at age 19 about
William Edgar Tant and Mary Tant were Harrison Tant's parents. They are buried on the old Tant homeplace at the intersection of GA 61 and Braswell Mtn. Rd. in the Burnt Hickory community in Paulding Co. GA (going out of Dallas toward Cartersville on GA 61, almost to the Bartow County line). Someone built a shed on top of the graves after the place was sold out of the family. Mary was a Tant before she married. William married his first cousin.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|