I still do not know who the father of Robert Sullenger Sr. may have been. Thomas Sullenger (b. ca 1756-60 probably in Caroline Co., VA); died 29 Oct 1795 in Woodford Co., KY. may either be the father or the brother of Robert Sullenger Sr. My grandmother said that we go back to Peter Sullenger who married Elizabeth Clotsbury in the late 1600s, maybe in Virginia, but we have no proof of this. Peter Sullenger paid his quit rents in 1704 and died in 1704. He lists his widow, Elizabeth. I do not know the names of Peter Sullenger’s children. Sullinger is sometimes a derivative of St. Leger. I have seen several variations of the family line preceding Robert Sullenger Sr.
but these names are the ones I know for sure:
1. Robert Sullenger Sr., came from Caroline Co., VA to KY & died in 1831 in Henry Co., KY. Married ?
2. Robert Sullenger Jr. b. VA ca 1793; m. 20 Feb 1811 Jane Johnston in Henry Co., KY; buried ner Arlington, Carlisle Co., KY
3. William Sullenger b. 1813/14 in Henry Co., KY; m. Mary (Polly) Frank 10 Mr 1835; m. (2) Ann Mary Berry
3. Larkin Sullenger, b. 1815
3. Johnson F. Sullenger, b. 1827; d. 26 Dec. 1900
m. 1) Melsena Catherine Pile
2) Charity Woodward Bryant Lanier
4. Ollie Sullenger, m. Mack Mix
3. Matilda Ann Sullenger, b. 2 May 1828 in Henry Co., KY.
Married Richard Porter 28 Feb 1854; d. 21 May 1865; buried
at Old Bishop Cemetery in Arlington, KY
3. Thomas Jefferson Sullenger, b. 9 Mar 1830 in Henry Co., KY.
Married Margaret Ann Willingham on 12 Mar 1857 in Hickman
Co., KY. (Margaret b. 14 Feb. 1832 & died 17 Mar 1912 in
Mitchell, Wheeler co., OR
4. William Thomas Sullenger, b. 1858; never married and died
Aug 1935 in Willows, Glenn Co., CA
4. Robert S. Sullenger, b. 1859 in KY (perhaps one of the twins)
4. Matilda Gertrude Sullenger, b. 21 Dec 1861 in Ballard Co., KY
Married 25 Dec 1881 in Sutter Co., CA. Died in Mitchell,
Wheeler Co., OR
4. Trevor Henry Sullenger, b. 8 Oct 1866 in KY; married
1) Effie A. Gleason 23 Oct 1886 in Colusa Co., CA
2) Nellie Gilmore.
Trevor died 14 Aug 1928 in Grimes, Colusa Co., CA
5. Matie Blanche Sullenger b. 12 Jan 1889. Married
Charles Harston Hanes 9 Dec 1908;
Matie died 9 June 1978; buried in Elk Creek, Glenn Co.,
4. Twin sons (per Mr. Barclay’s letter: Buried in Old Bishop
Cemetery near Arlington, KY. Stone says, “7 days old sons
of T. J. Sullenger
I have the following names including your Thomas Sullenger. Are all of these the siblings of Robert Sullenger, Jr.??
Elizabeth (Betsy) Sullenger m. 1 July 1800 in Henry Co., KY m. Reuben McEndre
Nancy Sullenger m. 31 Dec 1801 in Henry Co., KY m. Lawrence Johnston
Thomas Sullenger m. 1 Feb 1808 in Henry Co., KY m. Susan Collayer [I assume this is really Colglazier?] Does the marriage date coincide with yours?
John Sullenger (assumed 3rd child) (tax list 1783 Caroline Co., VA)
Reuben Sullenger (assumed 4th child) (tax list 1783 Caroline Co., VA)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|