William Madison STURMAN (born 28 Feb 1786 Bedford Co, VA) was the son of William STURMAN (b 8 Jan 1753 VA) & Martha Cridle (b ca 1760) ... William md twice: 2nd to Delphia which was named in his military/pension records. The name "William Madison" only comes up for the son not the father!
Valentine & Vintner STURMAN, I believe to be one & same... from the census records. I never have found proof for a Vintner C., alone but Valentine's name has taken various spellings. Do you have documentation for the two???
Children for William & Martha Cridle Sturman:
1. John ca 1776 md Nancy Craig Bedford Co, VA. 19 Oct 1803.
2. Vintner C. / Valentine Sturman,
1st md Nancy White 22 Sept 1804, Bedford Co, VA.
2nd Penelope Hughes, 31 Aug 1832, Bedford Co, VA. will proved 1869, Campbell Co, VA.
3. Joel H. STURMAN b 1782, VA, md Phebe Williams, 20 July 1819 Madison Co, Alabama.
d ca 1825? His children are raised by his brother William M. after they are orphaned. Search of records in Alabama in 1999, I could not find tax, will or land records for them only their marriage record. But all three children say they were born in Alabama.
4. Anna Sturman b 16 July 1784, VA md James Buchanon, 12 Feb 1801, Bedford Co, VA. she d ca after 1860 Rising Sun, Ohio Co, Indiana.
5. William Madison Sturman b 28 Feb 1786, Bedford Co, VA, md Sarah Hancock-Dabney, 9 July 1810, Wayne Co, KY. d 25 Oct 1852 in Franklin co, IL. Lived most of his married life in Hamilton Co, IL.
6. Frankey Sturman b ca 1788/92, Bedford Co, VA. Frankey was a common name in this family. Thomas names on of his daughters Frankey too.
7. Thomas K. Sturman b 17 May 1790 Bedford Co, VA, md Hannah EDWARDS ca 1812 VA? **My line. d 11 March 1847, White Pine, Jefferson Co, TN. He was Justice of the Peace, for several years in the county.
8. Nancy Sturman b ca 1788/92, Bedford Co, VA.
9. Mildred Sturman b ca 1794 Bedford Co VA. Augustine Smith 6 Nov 1815, Patrick Co, VA.
Any Help greatly appreciated on the is family line. Thanks.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|