I’m seeking any information on Willis Stroud and his family.
Willis Stroud was born about 1809 in Spartanburg County South Carolina and died between 1880 & 1900 in Forsyth County Georgia. He was the son of Thomas Stroud and Sarah “Sallie” Rhodes. Willis married Nancy Waldrop born 18 May 1824 in SC Spartanburg?)and died 18 Jan. 1904 in Forsyth CO.
Nancy’s mother Tabitha Waldrop is on the 1850 & 1880 Forsyth Co., Census with Willis and Nancy Stroud.
Willis Stroud, veteran of the Civil War, Company L, 38th Regiment, Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Evans' Brigade, Gordon's Division, Wright's Legion Army of Northern Virginia, CSA Dawson County, GA
Private October 13, 1861. Discharged on account of ill health and old age May 25, 1862 at age 53
Willis and Nancy Stroud are buried at Mount Zion Historical Cemetery, Forsyth CO. Willis only has a CSA marker with no dates.
Children of Willis Stroud and Nancy Waldrop Stroud from census records are:
1. Brodecia “Dicy” Stroud, born between 1845 & 1848
2. John P. Stroud, born about 1848, married Virginia Caroline Nunn, born about 1839. They had a son Crawford Stroud born about 1874.
3. Sarah F. Stroud, born 1851-1852
4. William C. Stroud, born 1851-1855 married Rosena Morgan, born 25 Oct. 1857 & died 31 July 1946. She is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery. William & Rosena Morgan Stroud had a daughter, Rosa Bell Stroud, born about 1891 who married Raymond Dietz 1917 in Duval CO., Florida.
5. Mary L. Stroud, born about 1858 and died 22 Aug. 1945. She was possibly the second wife of Benjamin William Castleberry, 1843-1931. Mary is buried at Ebenezer Methodist Church, Cumming, Forsyth GA.
6. Martha J. Stroud, born about 1861
7. Ellen Stroud, born 1864-1866.
Any information on this family will be greatly appreciated.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|