I came across you message. My husband's 2nd Great-Grandfather is George Marks. His son Peter Dugal Marks has a sister named Inda Devee. This is according to my mother-in-law. But also sccording to my mother-in-law, George married a Henrietta Stocor, but she may be wrong in remembering it as Stocor inside of Stowe.
There is a short story written in a history book about Petroleum County, Montana, about Peter Dugal Marks. I have this book if you want more information.
Generalized this is what was written. Peter Dugal Marks was born in Minnesota and came to Montana with his parents in 1910. His mother died when he was fourteen. George, his father, died sometime in 1914 or 1915 and is buried on the river homestead. Dugal married Mary McDermott on July 8, 1911 in Belt. Peter had a brother named Gary Kern Marks.
Peter and Mary had 12 children.
1. George (1912) married Irene Deniger in 1937. 3 children
2. Elizabeth (1914-1958) married Sam Kittel. 3 children
3. Peter (1915) married Erna Vogel. 1 son
4. Inda (1918) married Everett Mosby. 3 children
5. P. Kern (1920) married Evelyn Nordahl in 1946.
6. Dugal (1922) married Anna Rukavina in 1947.
7. Edward (1924-1944) Killed in action during WWII.
8. Robert (1926)
9. Agnes (1927) married Edwin Burle in 1952. 3 children.
10. Albert (1931) married Mary ?. 3 children.
11. Dorothy (1933) married Gerald Weingart in 1951.
12. Jack (1935) married Janet Pumphrey in 1956. 1 son.
Mary died in 1960 and Peter Dugal died in 1968. They are both buried in the Winnett Cemetery, in Winnett, Montana.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|