It's a long time since your message was posted but I've only recently started researching the family tree.
I am a direct descendant of Henry Stocks, born in Bolsover, Derbyshire in 1680. He was my 7 x Great Grandfather. My mother was a Stocks (as the family is mostly now known) as you can see from the simple listing below.
Some LDS members changed their name later to Stokes.
My direct lineage is as follows:
* Henry Stocks (1680 Bolsover) = Mary (Unknown) (1685 Heath)
* William Stocks (1707 Bolsover) = Elizabeth Kitchin (1705 Clowne)
* William Stocks (1740 Bolsover) = Dorothy Johnson (1743 Bolsover)
* Jeremiah Stocks (1766 Bolsover) = Ann Brown (1766 Bolsover)
* William Stocks (1786 Heath) = Elizabeth Harvey (1790 Gedling)
* John Stocks (1813 Bolsover) = Mary (1816 Bolsover)
Brother of Jeremiah Stokes (1819 Bolsover) emigrated to Utah
* William Stocks (1846 Duckmanton) = Alice Hall (1848 Killamarsh)
* Ernest Stocks (1888 Eckington) = Eliza Herring (1881 Eckington)
* Edna May Stocks (1914 Eckington) = John Redfern (1913 Eckington)
* John Redfern (1946 Sheffield)
Our lineage with the USA splits from the time of two brothers - John Stocks (my tree) who was the brother of Jeremiah Stokes who of married Frances Fanny Walker and left these shores with his children for the USA.
Contact me direct please for full tree details.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|