My great grandfather, Hartman Steffen married to a Christine (nee?), lived in St. Louis abt. 1870-1881 then moved to Homestead Twp., Barton County, Kansas. These are the children:
1. Charles b. 1872 St. Louis, MO.
2. Anna 1876 b. St. Louis, MO.
3. Lizzie Mathilda b: Sep 23 1878, St. Louis, MO.
4. Louis Adam b: Dec 17 1879, St. Louis, MO.
5. George Washington b: Feb 22 1882. Barton County, KS
6. Katharina Augusta b: Dec 10 1883, Barton County, KS
7. Harry Howard b: Mar 20 1885, Barton County, KS
8. Louvina b: Nov 22 1888, Barton County KS.
Kansas census records (1885) indicate that Hartman and Christine were from Germany. Harry Howard moved back to MO and married a Clara Hanselman in St. Louis in 1910(my maternal line). The rest of the family doesn’t show in the Kansas census of 1895 and I think they also went back to MO but am still researching.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|