This is a pretty large post, but since I believe we are all one family, this might help as a start for this forum.
Descendants of Unknown LaJournier
Generation No. 1
1. UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER He married UNKNOWN LAJOURNIER.
Children of UNKNOWN LAJOURNIER and UNKNOWN LAJOURNIER are:
2. i. REDDICK2 SOJOURNER.
ii. FRYER SOJOURNER.
3. iii. JOHN SOJOURNER I, b. Abt. 1751.
iv. UNKNOWN SOJOURNER.
Generation No. 2
2. REDDICK2 SOJOURNER (UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER)
Notes for REDDICK SOJOURNER:
According to The History of the Descendants of the Jersey Settlers, Adams County, Mississippi Vol. 3, p. 641, a Mrs. LaJournier, a French Huguenot born in France, came to South Carolina with children: 1) a daughter, 2)John, 3)Reddick & 4)Fryer.
Somewhere around 1740-1750, a family of French Huguenots landed at Charleston, South Carolina. Weary of the bitter religious struggles in France, they were determined to seek a new life and religious freedom in America. No known records are available other than family history passed down from father to son. It is related that a family by the name of LaJournier arrived in Charleston on the first leg of a journey to the west coast of America, where they intended to settle in the comparatively new territory. They consisted of the mother, a daughter and three sons, John I., Reddick and Fryer. No mention is made of the father so it is assumed that he died in France or on the voyage over.
The Sojourners remained for a time in South Carolina and when their journey was resumed, John stayed behind and settled there. One of the other brothers settled in Mississippi and the third went on to Texas.
Our branch of Sojourners descended from Fryer or Friday I believe. The first one I can prove is Gabriel Sojourner.
Children of REDDICK SOJOURNER are:
4. i. GABRIEL3 SOJOURNER, b. Abt. 1770, SC ?; d. Aft. 1820, MS.
ii. READICK SOJOURNER, b. Unknown.
3. JOHN2 SOJOURNER I (UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER) was born Abt. 1751. He married SARAH.
Children of JOHN SOJOURNER and SARAH are:
i. HARDY3 SOJOURNER, b. 12 August 1777, SC; m. MISSOURIE THOMAS, 8 April 1824.
ii. REBECCA SOJOURNER, b. 1781; d. 16 July 1823; m. SAMUEL JOHNSTON.
5. iii. MARY KATHERINE SOJOURNER, b. 2 February 1792, SC; d. 2 August 1858, Wilkinson Co., MS.
iv. JOHN SOJOURNER1.
6. v. ELIZABETH "ELIZA" SOJOURNER, b. 1795, Crab Orchard, KY.
vi. LEWIS SOJOURNER1.
Generation No. 3
4. GABRIEL3 SOJOURNER (REDDICK2, UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER) was born Abt. 1770 in SC ?, and died Aft. 1820 in MS. He married ELIZABETH Abt. 1790. She was born Abt. 17702.
Notes for GABRIEL SOJOURNER:
1790 Census Orangeburg Dist., SC
1796 Orangeburg Dist, SC
1802-1810 in MS
1819 Franklin Co., MS
1820 Wilknson Co., MS
More About GABRIEL SOJOURNER and ELIZABETH:
Marriage: Abt. 1790
Children of GABRIEL SOJOURNER and ELIZABETH are:
i. JOHN4 SOJOURNER, b. 1 September 1791, South Carolina2; m. SALLIE2; b. Abt. 1801, NJ2.
ii. MARY SOJOURNER, b. 27 March 17932.
iii. WILLIAM SOJOURNER, b. 22 January 17952; d. 11 July 18232.
iv. SARAH SOJOURNER, b. 17962; d. 8 May 18642.
7. v. SAMUEL SOJOURNER, b. 6 January 1801, SC; d. 26 September 1856.
8. vi. BRIDGES SOJOURNER, b. 23 January 1803, Orangeburg Co., SC ?; d. 1 August 1833, St. Mary Parish, LA.
vii. NANCY SOJOURNER, b. Abt. 1804; m. DAVID THOMPSON, 8 February 1821, Wilkinson Co., MS.
viii. ELIZABETH SOJOURNER, b. 24 February 1805, South Carolina2; d. 6 July 18582; m. HENRY H. BELL, 9 April 1826, Wilkinson Co., MS3; b. Abt. 1800, South Carolina.
ix. LEVICE/LEVISA SOJOURNER, b. 20 March 18094; m. ROBERT NORWOOD, 12 October 1826, Wilkinson Co., MS; b. Abt. 1803.
More About ROBERT NORWOOD and LEVICE/LEVISA SOJOURNER:
Marriage: 12 October 1826, Wilkinson Co., MS
5. MARY KATHERINE3 SOJOURNER (JOHN2, UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER)5 was born 2 February 1792 in SC5,6, and died 2 August 1858 in Wilkinson Co., MS7. She married REUBEN CASSELS.
Child of MARY SOJOURNER and REUBEN CASSELS is:
i. SUSANNA4 CASSELS9, b. 28 November 1818, MS9; d. 17 October 18609.
6. ELIZABETH "ELIZA"3 SOJOURNER (JOHN2, UNKNOWN1 LAJOURNIER)9 was born 1795 in Crab Orchard, KY9. She married GEORGE DOUGHERTY9 10 January 1811 in Kingston, Adams, MS9.
Children of ELIZABETH SOJOURNER and GEORGE DOUGHERTY are:
i. EMELINE ELIZA4 DOUGHERTY9.
ii. ANN MARY DOUGHERTY9, m. ALEXANDER KING FARRAR9.
iii. CAROLINE SARAH DOUGHERTY9.
iv. WILLIAM HARDY DOUGHERTY9.
v. GEORGE WINAN DOUGHERTY9.
vi. MARTHA ALMIRA DOUGHERTY9.
vii. JAMES M. DOUGHERTY9.
viii. LAURA EUGENIA DOUGHERTY9.
ix. FRANCIS BASCOM DOUGHERTY9.
x. THOMAS C. DOUGHERTY9.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|