I am also a descendant of Nancy Sneed and John Ellison. My family lore says that Nancy had a sister Jennie or Jane Sneed who married John Scott. Jennie/Jane was the mother of Mariam Scott born 1809 who married John Cole Lindsay 5/1/1831(verified). William Sneed, a brother of Nancy never married, lived to at least 1853(unverified). Another brother was said to be secretary to Thomas Jefferson(unverified). John Elliston and his wife Nancy Elliston came from Virginia to Carrollton shortly after their marriage 11/8/1799. The Elliston Homestead is on Black Rock Pike three or four miles from Ghent. In the early days this homestead was located in Gallatin County. John Elliston was a farmer and also ran a still. The Elliston Children were all said to be reared in Kentucky.
The following are the children of Nancy Sneed/Snead and John Elliston:
1) Mariah Elliston, b. 7/25/1800 m: Samuel Garvey, 12/26/1816; after marriage moved to Illinois, near Springfield.
2) Elizabeth Elliston, b. 1/25/1802, m: James H. Sale, 2/11/1819
3)Mary C. Elliston, b. 2/15/1804, d. 9/16/1844. m: John Elliston, 11/11/1824
4) Susanna Elliston, b. 5/6/1806. m1: A. Castleman, 1/5/1826; m2: Austin Kknox
5) Joseph T. Elliston, b. 8/26/1808. m: Penelope Green, 11/8/1833
6) Benjamin S. Elliston, b. 2/24/1811. m: Susan T. Sharp, 1/29/1833
7) Catherine B. Elliston, b. 5/4/1813, d. 2/24/1886 near Ghent, Ky. m: William Reeves Scruggs, 3/12/1830, Switzerland Co., Ind. (my relatives)
8) John Gano Elliston, b. 2/24/1816. m: Amanda Craigmyle, 3/12/1833
9) E. Jane C. Elliston, b. 4/11/1819, d. 3/24/1820
10) Jane S. Elliston, b. 2/22/1821, d. 8/11/1827
11) Robert Tuck m. Elliston, b. 10/14/1825, d. 12/1845, Illinois. His funeral service was preached by Rev. John Van Cleve.
(The above copied from John Elliston's family bible.)
If anyone has further information on members of this family, please contack me.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|