William Sneed was born before 4 Aug 1726 and died some time between the making of his will on 5 Feb 1777 and the date it was presented for probate 2 Jun 1783 in Henrico County.
The will names his wife Katherine, son Robert, and daughters Lucy, Mary and Martha.
1. I have seen marriage index reports of a marriage of Randolph Rice and Dolly R. Sneed on or about 9 Aug 1815, but have not seen the marriage bond or related consent papers. Has either of you seen the original and, if so, what does it say? Who was security? Consent? Witnesses to consent?
2. Am curious as to the basis for Julie Snead Burnette deciding that Charles Sneed married Mary Gilliam. Did she give evidence and reasoning? When did this marriage take place?
3. Charles Sneed was born before 7 Nov 1746, as he had to be of age when he acquired his mill from John Conoway. His acquisition of 170 acres in 1771 points to his wife being Mary Alen Patman, daughter of William Patman (w. pr. Feb 1767). [Deeds 1767-74, p
4. The three Sneeds found in the 1783 personal property tax lists for Henrico County (over age 21) were Charles, Robert and Christopher.
5. Charles Sneed died before 9 Nov 1810. [DB 9, p 160] More details are likely to be found in Henrico Chancery File No. 1810-013, William and Susan Warbritain v. Absalom Blackburn. Children explicitly stated to be children of Charles in marriage bonds and/or the deed recorded 9 Nov 1810 -- Susanna (m. William "Wobbleton"); Anne (m. James Hooker); Judith (m. Absalom Blackburn); James (m. 20 Jul Jane Kelley, ward of Absalom Blackburn); Mary; William (m. Sarah _____); and Jacob (m 22 Nov 1814, Mary Franklin).
6. Sneed's Mill is now called Staples Millpond on Upham Brook just upstream from the mouth of Horsepen Branch. See ADC map of Richmond-Henrico, p 285, J-K, 6-7. William Sneed, son of Charles, and wife Sarah conveyed to Absalom Blackburn, 31 acres in the fork of the Brook and Horsepen (now an on ramp from US 33 to westbound I-64).
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|