This is what I have figured out on Martha Anderson's family. I would not want to bet all my money on it, but it seems to be correct.
Heritage of Martha Anderson Slover compiled by Mildred Hill Blanton
Martha Anderson was born about 1745 in Augusta County, TN. Martha died sometime after the death of her husband, Abraham Slover (1753-1834) who died in 1834. Abraham Slover’s Will was probated according p. 8, First Edition of “Selover-Slover Family 1682-1941” written by Mabel J. Hadler; “Dec 23, 1833, had a codicil dated 29 Jun 1834 & was probated 23 Sept 23, 1834.” Abraham and Martha had married in 1774 in PA.
Martha Anderson’s parents were:
James (deaf James) Anderson (b. ca 1725- Ireland & d. 1798 in Rockland Co, VA) and Jane Allison. They married about 1740. Jane Allison’s parents are said to be Robert Allen and Ann X. The children of James Anderson and Jane Allison are said to be:
1. John Anderson - 1740
2. James Anderson Jr- 1742, Augusta Co, VA – d. 1892 Rockbridge, VA
3. Jacob Anderson -1744-1834- married Rebecca Anderson dau of________
4. Martha Anderson - 1745-(a) 1834- married Abraham Slover
5. Jane/or Jean Anderson -1747
6. Margaret Anderson - 1750
7. Isaac “of Citico” Anderson 1760-1755 * ancestor in my Wallace family
Isaac was born in Augusta Co. VA and died at the Battle of Citico which took place in Blount County, TN. Isaac married Margaret Woods, b. 1763-d. 1847 McMinn Co. TN. After the death of Isaac, Margaret married James Cunningham.
The children of Isaac and Margaret were:
1. John Anderson
2. Mary Anderson
3. William H. Anderson b. 28 Jan 1779- VA; d. 8 Aug 1844 Blount Co, TN
4. James Anderson b. ca 1780 & d. March 1832 in Blount Co0 TN. He married Eliza Simpson 1785-1856.
5. Isaac Anderson b. ca 1783-d. Nov 1844 Athens, McMinn Co, TN * Married Jane Biggs 1785-1865 (My 3rd G-Grandparents)
Their daughter Mary Anderson married Rev. Benjamin Wallace. His son Samuel Emmons Wallace was my Great-grandfather.
6. Robert Anderson 1736
8. Robert Anderson – 1766-1833- married Margaret Walker
1. Isaac Anderson m. Julia Foute
2. Polly Anderson 3. Jane Anderson 4. Betsy Anderson
5. Patsy Anderson
6. William Anderson
7. Peggy Anderson
The parents of Deaf James Anderson were: Isaac Anderson the immigrant and wife Martha X. Isaac was born 1668 in Ireland and died in 1749 in Augusta County, VA
Martha is thought be have died about the same time as Isaac. The children of Isaac the immigrant and Martha X are said to be:
1. Betty Anderson
2. Mary Anderson
3. William H. Anderson b. 28 Jan 1779-Va d. April 1811, Knox County, TN
4. James Anderson 1725-1798
5. Isaac Anderson II- 1729-1814. Isaac married Margaret Evans 1734-1880. According to his tombstone he was born in Countydown, Ireland and died 8 Aug 1844 in Blount Co, TN
1. William Anderson md 6 Apr 1774 Nancy McCampbell b. 17 Apr 1759. She was the daughter of James McCampbell & Mary Shannon
a. Isaac Anderson – FOUNDER OF MARYVILLE COLLEGE. He married Flora McCampbell daughter of John McCampbell. “Issac Anderson was licensed to preach the Gospel by the Presbytery of Union, “April 8, 1802…….Was a grand man, educated, clothed, fed and sent out into the world 27 minister ---indians (I am told.).”
b. James Anderson – m. (1) Nancy Haven (2) Hetty Jarmegan
c. Samuel Anderson m. Betsy Burris
d. William E. Anderson, lawyer & judge, married Flora McCampbell on May 13, 1817. She probably was the daughter of Andrew McCampbell & Mary Anderson.
e. Andrew Anderson – died in infancy
f. Robert Anderson, lawyer and judge, m. Catharine McCampbell (daughter of John McCampbell)
6. Jacob Anderson- 1730
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|