Your wife is the 6th great-granddaughter of Antonio DeZocieur, who changed his name to Anthony Sizer. I am posting her descent. The following information is from my copy of THE SIZER GENEALOGY by Lillian Hubbard Holch; Brooklyn, NY, 1941.
1. Antonio DeZocieur (Anthony Sizer) B. 1707 Island of Terceira, Azores, Kingdom of Portugal; D. Sept. 21, 1753, Middletown, CT; married Sarah Tryon on May 10, 1727. Sarah was born July 10, 1704 in Middletown, CT. She died in Middletown, March 18, 1774. She was the daughter of Abel and Abiah (Hunnewell). Anthony and Sarah had 12 childen. Their fifth child was:
2. Daniel Sizer ; B. May 30, 1734; D. Nov. 4, 1760 (in Service as Lieutenant in the French and Indian Wars) Middletown, CT.; married March 14, 1754 Elizabeth Miller born March 27, 1736, daughter of Nathaniel and Elizabeth (Ward) Miller. After Daniel Sizerís death she married Ephraim Stone. She died in Middletown in 1806. Daniel and Elizabeth Sizer had 4 children. Their first child was:
3. Daniel Sizer B. March 31, 1754, Middletown, CT; married Feb. 22, 1781 Mary DeWolf, daughter of Simon and Esther (Strickland) DeWolf. Mary De Wolf was born Jan 6, 1760 in Middletown, CT, where she died May 19, 1834. Daniel Sizer died of smallpox March 24, 1826 in Middletown. They had 9 children. Their last child was:
4. Samuel Sizer B. July 25, 1801 in Middletown, CT. He married twice. He resided in Hartford, CT. Hartford records have Samuel D. Sizer a machinist and pistol maker, as was his son Oliver (by second wife). Samuel Sizer married Lucy Jaggar in Middletown, CT on April 29, 1823. The second marriage was to Elizabeth R--------. Samuel Sizer died July 29, 1878. He and wife, Lucy Jaggar had 2 children. The first was:
5. Samuel Sizer, born Middletown, CT (no birth date given). Samuel went with his to California in the gold rush of 1849. Both died near Los Angeles, while digging a well, probably 1871. Samuel married June 11, 1848 to Lydia Tuller (not Fuller) born Feb. 16, 1830 in Simsbury, CT, daughter of Levi Lester and Mary Annie (Strickland) Tuller. Lydia and her son Daniel, were with her father in Simsbury in 1850. She married second, Edward Welles Fowler, and died Feb. 1, 1901, in Chelsea, MA. Lydia (Tuller) and Samuel Sizer had one child:
6. Daniel Walter Sizer, born August 27, 1849, Springfield, MA; married H. Risedorf.
For some interesting information on Antonio DeZocieur please see my post of July 21, 2001 on this forum. I hope this information will be helpful to you and your wife and perhaps others who come to the Sizer forum.
Bobbie Meyer (5th ggd of Antonio DeZocieur through son, Daniel)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|