POSTED ON BEHALF OF NELLIE SCHUELER-reply to her (email below)
Exciting new information has been found recently relating to the origins of Johann Heinrich Seitz, Dorothea Elizabeth and Andreas Felsinger in Germany. I was first contacted by Clark Sitze several months ago. He put me in touch with Fred Moretz from NC. Fred has done a lot of research on several families including Seitz/Felsinger who migrated from the area of Calbach, Budingen, Hessen, Germany aboard the ship Queen Elizabeth 16 September 1738, arriving in Philadelphia, PA. They came with families having the surnames of Sharpe, Smith Deor, Weitzel, Weber, Moretz, Sheffer, Star and Reece. During the voyage there were many who died. The year of 1738 has been called the Year of the Avenging Angels due to the many deaths which occurred during several voyages of various ships to America. Fred gave me some copies of church documents from the film mentioned here.
According to Fred, the Seitz Families lived in the area of Calbach, Hessen, Germany for many years. The Felsinger Families lived there for a shorter time, coming mainly from the area of Nidda, Hessen, Germany.
I was also given information from Wayne Bonner He provided me with names and documents and verified the information from Fred Moretz. This information was obtained from church records on LDS film; FLH INTL Film, Reel 1, 1197020.
Felsinger Family: Variations of surname found in Calbach, Hessen, Germany church records:
Feltsinger, Feltzinger, Feltsing and Voltzinger
1. Dorothea Elizabeth Feltsing (no er here) daughter of Andreas and his wife, Catherina baptized 15 February 1713, Dorothea Elizabeth Meyer, sponsor, page 235 LDS Film, Reel 1, 1197020.
2. Anna Margaretha Feltsinger daughter of Johann Michael and his wife Anna Catherina baptized 14 February 1727.
3. Johann Michael Feltsinger son of Casper and his wife Anna Catherina baptized 12 September 1728.
1. Johann Heinrich baptized 07 June 1711, son of Johann Heinrich Seitz, citizen and his wife, Amalia. Hauptmann Forell from Kalbach and his wife, Gertraub, sponsors. Page 208, LDS Film, Reel 1, 1197020.
2. Johann Henrich Seitz proclamation of marriage 07 January 1734, single, citizen, legitimate son of Johann Henrich
Seitz and Dorothea, legitimate daughter of Andreas Voltzinger, citizen. Page 227, LDS Film, Reel 1, 1197020.
3. Andreas baptized 17 October 1734, son of Johann Henrich Seitz, citizen and his wife Dorothea. Andreas Feltzinger, citizen, sponsor. Page 419, LDS Film, Reel 1, 1197020.
This is only a small portion from the film. There may be much more there for our interest. Hopefully someone who can read the film (written in German) will be found who is able to help us transcribe more from these documents. I decided to put this out now for the benefit of all who are researching these surnames.
A special thanks is given to the generous help of Clark Sitze, Fred Moretz and Wayne Bonner.
Nellie M Sides Schueler
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|