Please note the blue section that shows the 25 markers for Henry Sides of Walker Co AL compared with Michael Sides whose widow Delilah Peacock went to Brown Co IL. Exact match!
The presumption for this that we are testing is:
Johann Heinrich Seitz, who purchased land on Killian's Creek in NC in 1754, listed in his father-in-law Andreas Felsinger's Will (and probably dead by then due to an inference regarding letter from daugher Dorothea that suggests Henry is dead), with candidate children that include:
- Andrew m Margaret (circumstantial source in that Simon Hart sold him land in 1768 Mecklenburg Co NC- may be same Simon Hart that acted as power of attorney for Andreas Felsinger after his death in 1770)
-Jacob Seitz- appears purchasing land at Killian's Creek in 1764 from Peter Clubb.
-Peter Seitz/Sides- bought land in Lincoln Co NC in 1774 and later, the second 150 acres witnessed by Samuel and Christian Carpenter.
- Henry born 1734 d 1830 > Walker Co, AL
- Caterina m Henry Cagle (including in power of attorney representing Dorothea Felsinger Sides in father's will)
- Daughter who married Gasper Clubb (ditto for POA)
- Daughter who married John K Cagle (all the 3 above presumed to be daughters of J H Seitz due to being included in power of attorney for claiming share of Andreas Felsinger's estate).
We also see that Michael Sides, husband to Delilah Peacock who went to Brown Co IL matches exactly on 25 markers. There are a number of Michael Seitz/Sides in the Mecklenburg/Cabarrus/Montgomery Co NC area contiguously, but this one has definite records established at St John's Lutheran, Cabarrus Co, NC. It is possible that this Michael is a son of Andrew Sides, also Jacob Seitz is said to have a son Michael. See a Michael Sides who purchased land in 1773 that had belonged originally to Jacob Seitz. If you have source information on the various Michaels, please add or email.
The DNA project is proving to be very exciting. Please be sure to read the message above to see lines represented, ones we would like to see join for comparisons, etc.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|