Have you contacted Kathy Killam, 5757 W. Hefner Road #632, Oklahoma City, OK 73162? I do not know if she is on the Internet is the reason I gave you her address. She sent me information in September 1998 on this family. (If you do correspond with her make sure she understands you are not the Larry Shively who does the Shively Newsletter or she will be confused.) Following is the information she shared with me:
Chares Shively was born in 1840-1841 in Wittenberg, Germany. His parents were born there also. He was married to Agusta or Augusta Bork. She was born in the German Confederation of Prussia and died in 1877. She is possibly buried in Michigan. Charles died in California in the 1920's.
They had six children:
1. Julia married a Sosebee, was a minister in Texas.
2. Ella married Frank T. Solan, lived in Burbank, California, died 12/20/1940.
3. Levi born 7/24/1867 married Nelda Grebe, died 4/17/1933 Premont, TX
4. Edward born Feb 1871, Michigan, died 1950's Hutchinson, KS, never married
5. Sarah E. born in Michigan about 1869, she married an Argenbright and S.O. Davis
6. Agusta S. born Sept 15, 1875 died Sept 14, 1918 Caldwell Township, Appanoosa County, Iowa. She married William Henry Mikels (Mikles). They had ten children.
Part of the Charles and Agusta family can be found on the 1880 St Joseph County, Michigan Census.
Hope this information can be of some use.
Larry W. Shively
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|