Any info about Ellen Shea married to John O'Connell in Brattleboro, VT in 1850 would be appreciated? (see #2 below)
1.Lawrence O'Connell from Castle Island, Co. Kerry married Honora Prendeville.
2. Their son John O'Connell (13 December 1823 IRE - 1906 Wisc) He may have landed in Boston in 1851, with several related families. John O'Connell married Ellen Shea in Brattleboro, Vermont on 14 July 1850. They had 3 children Hannah or Ann, William Francis, and Ellen. In 1855 John relocated to Wisconsin where Ellen Shea O'Connell died on 14 January 1862. John O'Connell was remarried: to Mary Hackett in Juneau, Wisc.
John O'Connell farmed north of Baraboo, Sauk County, Wisc. He was an early member of St. Joseph's parish there.
3. John & Ellen Shea O'Connell's son William F O'Connell (1853 Vermont - 1938 Montana) was a teacher. In 1900 he was the census taker/enumerator or Orland Twonship, Lake County, SD. He married Ellen Holten(dau of Cornelius Holten b. Ire)in Wisc. They were married in Wisconsin (possibly Delaton Township), then moved to South Dakota, and finally relocated to Montana. William F O'Connell is buried in Malta, MT, while his wife Ellen (don't know dates) is buried east of the Missouri River in Jordan, MT.
William F and Ellen Holten O'Connell's 10 children included:
1.Daniel Patrick (b 1879 Dells area, Wisc),
2.John Cornelius, (b. 1881 Dakota Territory, buried Centerville MT, the family "outlaw")
3.Willie Henry(b. 1883 Wisc - d. 1948),
4.James Lewis or James S (1885 SD - 1957 SD buried in Rapid City)
5.Anna Marie (b. 1885 SD, married Wally Hall, d. 1957 buried Ratzville, Saskatuwan Canada),
6.Mary Ellen (aka Mamie, died young age 17 in 1887)
7.Lawrence F (b. 1889 SD, lived near the Canadian border),
8.Charles Emmett(b. 1891, Madison SD, aka Emmett, lived near Canadian border),
9.Charlotte K (b.1892 SD,died young aka Catherine),
10.Joseph Frank (b. 1895 SD, aka Frank)and
4. James L (S) O'Connell (1885 SD - 1957 SD)married Doris M Daley in 1907. Some of their children: Mary, Freebonia, James, Danny (1925- )
1. Did Honora & Lawrence ever leave Ireland? Is she also from Castle Island?
2. Did John & Mary Hackett O'Connell have children?
3. Do you know where John O'Connell is buried? Where his first wife Ellen Shea is buried?
4. Do you know anything about Ellen Shea's parents?
5. I have not yet looked for info about William F O'Connell's wife Ellen Holten, but she was born in Wisc., right? or was she born in Quebec 13 Feb 1856?
7. Check it out: I think the S as in James is really a fancy L, as in James Lewis Or, am I confusing two different men named James O'Connell?
8.Is this William's father, step-mother and half siblings: 1880 Census Baraboo. Sauk County: John O'Connell b. Ire age 57, wife Mary b. Ire age 44 and children Kate (13), John (10), Lawrence (5) children all born Wisc.
Thanks for your help,
1.1880 Census Reedsburg, Sauk County Wisc shows O'Connell William age 26 b. Vt fb/mb Ire, wife Ellen b. Wisc and son Daniel age 6/12 b. Wisc
2. William's son John was at one time married to Maisi Dickenson from Baraboo. One of their children was Kathleen Devona O'Connell
3. 1920 Census Pennington County SD shows Jim b. 1885 SD & Doris O'Connell with children Mary, Freebonia & James (+ Alvin Sweet, maybe a hired man)
4. In 1900 William F O'Connell was the Census taker/enumerator for Orland Twnshp, Lake County SD. In addition to his own family, there is Daniel J. O'Connell b. SD, his wife Kate b. Minn and their children - will need to check if there is a direct relation
5. 1920 Cenus lists 3 O'Connell families in Orland Twnshp, Lake County SD - #1 Daniel O'Connell age 58 b. Wisc (fb.mb Ire) wife Annie age 48 b. Minn (fb Minn/mb Ohio) children: margaret, Daniel, Leonard, Jack, Richard - children all born SD #2 Edward O'Connell age 52 b. Wisc (fb/mb Ire) wife Mary age 47 (fb Ire/mb NJ) children Clare, Edward, Nora - children all born SD #3 Lawrence O'Connell age 51 b. Wisc (fb/mb Ire)wife Mary age 41 b. Wisc (fb/mb Germ) children thomas, Vera, Lawrence, Matt, James, Robert, & twins Mary & Camille. Daniel, Edward, and Lawrence must be brothers, but are they related to John, William, and James?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|