Hello again Wendell,
Hope all is well with you and your's.
I have some additional information which seems to indicate that Anna [wife of our first Jacob]was the sister of Foster Harris and the daughter of Robert and Frances Harris:
On familysearch.org, in one instance, it is stated that Robert HARRIS was born about 1740, and married Francis UNKNOWN about 1765. Francis supposedly was born about 1744.
Their children are listed as:
1. Elizabeth HARRIS b. May 17, 1766
2. Sally HARRIS b. November 26, 1767
3. Frances HARRIS b. September 14, 1769 [Frances was a female; and, in my opinion,possibly named after her mother.]
4. Foster HARRIS b. July 05, 1771 [known to have married Sally Manning on Oct. 19, 1797 in Madison County, KY.]
5. John HARRIS b. July 09, 1773
6. Ann HARRIS [I believe this is probably our Anna HARRIS] b. June 04, 1775.
7. Polly HARRIS b. November 20, 1777
8. Henry Harris b September 20, 1779; married Jane Manion August 19, 1801, Madison County, KY. [Is this Jane Manion a possible relative of the above mentioned Sally Manning?]
The way this information is presented [with exact dates], it would appear that someone has access to a family Bible, or some such "document."
As we know, Foster signed our Anna's marriage contract. Did he do this as Anna's brother, possibly after their father had died?
What we do know is this: Anna's and Jacob's first son was named Robert - after Anna's father Robert? Anna's and Jacob's first daughter was named Frances - after Anna's mother Frances?
At this point, it appears likely that Anna Harris SEABORN [Seabourne, Seabourn, Sebourn] was the daughter of Robert and Francis HARRIS, and the sister of Foster Harris.
I would appreciate any information on this Harris family, and any information which contradicts my assumption.
Again Wendell, I still remember and appreciate your kind sharing with me.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|